• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just looking for reasurrance re: moving up to fuzzies

gsdbecca

I fed my yearling her first fuzzy today. She did fine, but it did take a quite a bit longer for her to swallow it. Is that normal? I was feeling very confident that she was ready, has been on two large pinkies for about 3 weeks, and they no longer leave much of a bulge. The fuzzy was certainly no more than 1.5x her at her widest spot.

I'm just still so new to watching these critters swallow things whole; I was holding my breath as her throat grew and grew.

Anyhow, just looking for reassurance! TIA

Becca

Absolutely normal, yep. The first few take aaaages and it looks really extreme compared to the smaller food size. Once they've made the adjustment to the new size, they'll be going down the hatch in no time. It just takes a bit of practice.

Yeah, but it's like a train wreck...kind of creeps me out and fascinates me all at the same time. I also feel like if I don't watch something will go wrong. LOL! Not sure what I think I would do, give her the Hiemlich?

:)
Becca

I hear ya Becca, I'm sort of the same way with the train wreck scenerio lol. That's what I was doing to myself, wondering IF something happened... what the heck could I do about it? Now all my corns get fed in their bins, wrapped with a towel or blanket around the sides so no more peeking for me lol. I clean their viv, tinker around a bit then when I peek they're ready to get out and go home to their vivs. Works much easier for this worrier, lol.

i bumped my hatchlings up to large pinkies last feeding.. i kept telling my boyfriend that i didnt think they could do it lol they all did it.. lol

Back