CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

ADULTS for SALE, plus a few 2018's and 2019's

Old 02-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #11
Frank Pinello
Hi Joe,
I’ve seen the word “landrace” here and there but I don’t know what it refers to. Can you fill me in.
Thanks,

Old 02-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #12
Dragonling
"Landrace" is used a lot in agriculture, mostly to indicate a specific population of animal (say, rabbits) that is relatively genetically uniform, but more diverse than a standardized breed or cultivar. It basically means that they have specific characteristics due to being isolated by natural or artificial means. In the case of Landrace Red Coats, I believe they were found within Jasper County (natural isolation) and Joe and others have been keeping and breeding a pure line of those animals (artificial isolation).

Speaking of pure lines, are you letting any Goldens go in the near future, Joe? Any plans to combine any other close locality stock with them? I can't remember where the first one was even found. Florida somewhere?

Old 02-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #13
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Hi Joe,
I’ve seen the word “landrace” here and there but I don’t know what it refers to. Can you fill me in.
Thanks,
Both parents are traceable to wild caught Corns, but from different Locals.

Example: Hunt Club Okeetees would be considered Locality Corns.

Jasper County Okeetees produced in captivity, from different Locals, I am calling Landrace.

When I combine the Goldens and Jasper County Okeetees, such as Jasper County Lava Okeetees, and Jasper County Sunkissed, I am going to call them Landrace, such as Landrace Lava Sunkissed Okeetees, Landrace Lava Goldens, Landrace Sunkissed Goldens, and Landrace Lava Sunkissed Goldens.

Landrace is a term used in the Plant World, for a plant that grows in the wild, or comes from the land. I thought I would try to use the same term, for Corns that are tracible to wild caught Corns, but from different localities. We will see if it catches on.

The Landrace Corns on this List, are the beginnings of Pure Mutant Corns, from wild caughts. The kind of Corns we always wanted in our Mutant Corns, but as we all know Rat Snakes and other Snakes have "polluted" the Corn Snake Gene Pool.

I lucked out and found the Lava gene in some Jasper County Corns I bred. I saved the Lava Gene as a Landrace gene by breeding the original back to other Jasper County Okeetees. I obviously also bred the Lava gene with Corns from the "polluted Mutant Corn Snake Gene Pool, but I saved the original line as Landrace Lavas.

I acquired 5 of Kathy Loves original Sunkissed and tested them all for Stargazer. 2 of the 5 proved to be stargazer free. I also saved the original Kathy Love Sunkissed produced from "Landrace" Okeetees captured in Jasper County by only breeding them to other Jasper County Okeetees, like my Jasper County Lavas.

If you want "Pure" Corns, I have saved three genes tracible to wild caught Corns, without any Mutant Gene Pool influence. I have saved the Lava, Sunkissed and Golden Genes, tracible to wild caught Corns, so they are as pure as it is possible.

I still need a wild caught Anery Corn to add to my Landrace Projects. With 4 Landrace Genes available, we can create several Mutant Combines tracible to wild caught Corns.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #14
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
"Landrace" is used a lot in agriculture, mostly to indicate a specific population of animal (say, rabbits) that is relatively genetically uniform, but more diverse than a standardized breed or cultivar. It basically means that they have specific characteristics due to being isolated by natural or artificial means. In the case of Landrace Red Coats, I believe they were found within Jasper County (natural isolation) and Joe and others have been keeping and breeding a pure line of those animals (artificial isolation).

Speaking of pure lines, are you letting any Goldens go in the near future, Joe? Any plans to combine any other close locality stock with them? I can't remember where the first one was even found. Florida somewhere?
Thanks for the Landrace description.

I have already combined the Landrace Lava and Landrace Sunkissed genes with the Golden Gene, so double hets exist of those combines. It will be several years before any Goldens are available for sale. Each year there will be a chance that I offer Het Goldens for sale, but they will be Het Golden Lava, or het Golden Sunkissed.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #15
bushsnake
I have a pure anery line Joe.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
bushsnake
They are from Hendry County, Florida.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:17 PM   #17
ecreipeoj
Striped Anery het Amel Hypo Lava Sunkissed

0.3 Striped Anery het Amel Hypo Lava Sunkissed

Parents: Striped Snow Lava Sunkissed X Striped RedCoat Hypo het Anery

and
1.0 Sunkissed het Snow Lava Sunkissed Caramel

Parents: Striped Snow Lava Sunkissed X Honey het Amel Striped Lava Sunkissed

Old 02-15-2020, 06:34 PM   #18
ecreipeoj
Tesseras

1.0 Masque Fire Tessera het Lava $150
1.0 Masque Bloodred Tessera het Amel Lava $125
1.0 Amel Tessera het Amel Lava Bloodred $125

Old 02-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #19
ecreipeoj
Masque Fires

1.2 Masque Fire het Lava $125 each

Old 02-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #20
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Okeetees

2.0 RedCoat Okeetees ph Lava Sunkissed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google