• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Milksnake sizes?

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
Hi everyone... I've been looking in to the respective sizes of these snakes, but most of my sources do not agree... was hoping to get some confirmation from people who know these animals firsthand. I'm looking for a milksnake which gets between 3-5 foot (in general.) I am interested specfically in Honduran and Mexican milks... what sort of size do they grow to?

I'm not meaning to sound lazy here... believe me, I have googled this countless times... care sheets galore, but not much about sizes. Maybe I'm just bad at finding information. :shrugs:

I think most of the commonly available ones get inbetween those sizes; although some stay at the smaller end while others average bigger. I'm not sure about Mexicans, but Hondurans are one of the larger species usually getting around 4-5 feet. My adult male is 4.5 feet long.

DaemoNox said:
I think most of the commonly available ones get inbetween those sizes; although some stay at the smaller end while others average bigger. I'm not sure about Mexicans, but Hondurans are one of the larger species usually getting around 4-5 feet. My adult male is 4.5 feet long.

Thanks! I am very interested in a Honduran. Most of the milks I read up about seemed to be quite small and I was looking for something more corn-sized, so this sounds like a good species for me.

Most of the caresheets I read were very similar to the sheets I read when I was researching corns... I am thinking that I can keep a Honduran milk much the same as I keep my corn? Is this correct?

Hondurans average a bit bigger then corns, in length and girthier bodies. I keep mine pretty much exactly the same as corns, but a little warmer hot side and a little less humidity except during sheds. I should get new pictures of mine, havent in a long time.

Thanks again! :) So long as these snakes don't usually reach above 5/6 foot, that is fine. I think I will pick myself up a nice Honduran milk before Christmas.

Thanks for the helpful responses! If you have any other info, please feel free to post them here or send me a PM. I will be researching a little more before I actually make a purchase.

Well, if you want one that is between 3-5', I'd go with the Honduran. Mexican's rarely reach the 3' mark and a 30" snake would be considered a large Mexican Milk. On the other hand, Mexican's are a great first milk snake, and are generally a bit more calm than some of the others.
Here's a few pics of mine. He's an 03 and weighs 183 grams. I would guess he's a tad over 2 feet and "puppy dog" tame. Here's Cheech :wavey:

Wow, Cheech is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for sharing those photos!

And thanks for the link lefty_mussolini, I will take a look around that site. :)

Back