CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My enclosures in Progress.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
lumene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
Yeah I was thinking a small 120mm computer fan within each enclosure or something could circulate a lot of air.
Hi Putty,
So I heard back from my builder. And he has only installed one fan for all six enclosures- there's a fake wall where air will be drawn into by the one fan.

Also- he is having trouble keeping the bulbs at a warm enough temperature. Might be because he is working on this outside... but oh well- I will keep you updated.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
schnebbles
Those are very nice! I don't have room for anything like that really. I already ave some stacking cages so the easiest thing would be more just like what I have. If I get one or 2 more, they will be from the same vendor and they will be able to run on the same thermostat.

David - I remember you telling me that. I have hides, lots of aspen to burrow in, a grapevine branch with 6' of reptavine throughout the tank for them to hide in/under. I hope they are ok in this setup. It was my best option to get and give the snakes room to grow and they should last a long time.

So, just out of curiosity - a wild baby corn would do what? sleep all day in a safe place and go hunting at night? They would be in open environments then. My setup has plenty of secure places, especially hiding under the aspen, they can even hide in the vines. I've gone to pull vines out to find snakes only to find them in the vine.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
lumene
@schnebbles,

I think you meed to post this in your thread, lol..

Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
Allalaskan
Those are looking really good! I have been looking for something like that (and also of a FREE deal too lol) for a while. That is going to look great when they are done.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #25
lumene
haha, they are done, been in use since august. $700.00 plus tax. I love them.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #26
exar15xe
Ouch 700$ Any updated pics?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #27
lumene
Coming soon, I am super busy with classes and the animals.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #28
lumene
Updates

Because people have been asking, I snapped some quick pics!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #29
Allalaskan
Well it doesnt help if you dont upload them :P

Old 12-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
lumene
I know, I'm having some computer problems between my camera and my new laptop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
enclosure, wood