CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn snake enclosures

Old 05-01-2016, 09:39 PM   #41
Karl_Mcknight
That really special bond occurs when 1 snake ends up in the poop of the other

Old 05-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #42
CornySnakeUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
CornySnakeUser:

It's comforting that you don't agree with cohabbing, but let's just agree to disagree that corn snakes have the capacity to bond. Since corns are solitary creatures, do not hunt in packs, do not care for their young in any way, only come together in the wild to mate, AND have been known to be cannabalistic, there is no biological or any other need for them to "bond." Bonding, in this case or as when we think they are "cuddling," is only something that we, as humans assign hypothetically to our pets when we see them competing for the best spot in the hide or viv. Intelligence, as it relates to reptiles, only serves them in terms of their evolution and survival. Of course, this is my opinion, but I must say that it is an informed one supported by empirical evidence.

Again, just sayin.
Generally speaking, I'm not an animal whisperer. All I'm certain of is that they are better than most humans because they do not ever talk back.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #43
axis1
Better than most humans? Now I agree with THAT! Glad we could see eye-to-eye on something other than not cohabbing!

I think Karl rather summed it up briefly in just a few words.

I wish I could be that concise!

Later!

Old 05-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #44
BLKfly
Mine still getting painted and is to big to fit in the whole picture lol

Old 05-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #45
CornySnakeUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
That really special bond occurs when 1 snake ends up in the poop of the other
Is that not how most people bond?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 PM   #46
mrobinson12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
What are those two yellow things in there?

Nicole

Nicole they are bamboo perches for snakes. They adjust out depending on your tank for the snakes to climb up.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #47
Eavlynn
Hi all! I've mostly been lurking on this forum since I'm more active on the ball puthon forum, but thought I'd put my enclosures up here. The first one is a 40 gallon for my big girl (4.5ft) Ezra.

And this little 10 is the starter tank for my new little guy Loki. He's currently being quarantined and treated for an RI.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 05-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #48
cinnabunbun

Levi's new home is all set up and he's loving it. I hope. He's getting acquainted with all the new stuff like a kid with brand new toys. My mother suggested I give him a TV so he can watch Animal Planet while I'm gone.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #49
Dolemite
Here's a pic of my pal Scooter's humble abode. Sometimes we have sleepovers, but I have trouble fitting inside so I just sleep in the floor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
enclosure, setup