CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 08-02-2016, 05:22 PM   #71
DollysMom
Wow, I contrast her beard color in that last picture where is she is very capable and happy with the black beard picture after the vet. She sure was not amused in that one. I did know much about Beardies before you got Ruth. Besides falling in love with her from afar, she's taught me a lot about Beardies. So smart and interactive! She continues to amaze me. I'll keep sending those good thoughts, by the way. No reason to slow down her progress now.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #72
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
What a girl! She is looking so good I tried to offer mine roaches...they ate them once and refused them after that. Little snobs they were lol.
Wow, my kids actually started refusing the crickets I have left over. I'm shocked that your's turned their noses up. Looks like our tarantula is going to get the rest of the small crickets haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaEliuk View Post
She has such a personality! And she looks so great under your care. You could maybe try to screen around the top on all sides, and it shouldn't take away from being able to stack it.
Just an idea

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
I thought about that. Do you think she'll get the ventilation she needs without it trapping too much heat?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #73
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Wow, I contrast her beard color in that last picture where is she is very capable and happy with the black beard picture after the vet. She sure was not amused in that one. I did know much about Beardies before you got Ruth. Besides falling in love with her from afar, she's taught me a lot about Beardies. So smart and interactive! She continues to amaze me. I'll keep sending those good thoughts, by the way. No reason to slow down her progress now.
Definitely keep the thoughts coming! With all that you've researched, maybe you'll get a beardie of your own They definitely require a good deal of care, and love attention, but if you have the time to give, they are absolutely wonderful family members!

Old 08-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #74
DLena
Ruth looks like a totally new girl! She could model for "before" and "after" pictures. I'm still sending love and best wishes her way!

Old 08-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #75
Asmodeus
Ruth is amazing!! She has improved so much, I'm so glad she has you! Give her love for me!!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Old 08-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #76
KaylaEliuk
I would think that she would. You could do it all the way round, and staple the screen to the wood, or whatever method of attachment you prefer. You could make it as wide a strip as you need.

Or if you want to stack but want the screen on the top, just screw a 2x4 on each end on the top and the other tank will sit on those and there will still be airflow

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Old 08-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #77
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavlynn View Post
Definitely keep the thoughts coming! With all that you've researched, maybe you'll get a beardie of your own They definitely require a good deal of care, and love attention, but if you have the time to give, they are absolutely wonderful family members!
Maybe someday . In the meantime, I can follow Ruth. The good thoughts for your precious girl continue!

Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #78
Eavlynn
Ruth's fecal came back positive for elevated levels of coccidia. It turns out her veggie boycot wasn't insect inspired. She's barely eaten the past 3 days.

I now have Albon to treat her with, probiotics to replace her good gut flora, and chlorhexidine to sanitize everything whenever she goes to the bathroom.

I've also made a pedialite, veggie and roach smoothie recipe so that I can syringe feed her to get nutrients in her. My poor baby has been through so much. With any luck, this will be the last obstacle she has to overcome!

Old 08-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #79
DollysMom
Oh no! Poor Ruth.

The good news is you caught it and are treating it. I'll keep sending good thoughts to your little girl. Keep us posted.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #80
Zombiegirl
Quote:
Wow, my kids actually started refusing the crickets I have left over
My male got incredibly ill after eating a batch of crickets my roommate brought home...ended up with a bad case of pinworms and wouldn't eat for a long time...so I honestly quit giving them crickets too...I ended up getting phoenix worms and mealworms for them which they ate with no issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google