• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression: Shadow the Eastern Indigo Snake

WooHoo!!! We're having Tilapia?........ Maybe a small baby one?

LOL I just happened to think....... Feed him something that will produce a really colorful poo. You know, for the art work.

Lol, Karl. :roflmao:

Still on silversides and will be for a long time. I'll let you know as soon as we are serving the tilapia tacos ('cause undoubtedly Shadow will share with me). Everything today will just produce lovely shades of brown. I'm going for a nice ombre effect.

Besides for color, I'd need to get a rainbow snake! I thought everyone knew that, Karl ;)

wonder what a few drops of "Blue" food color on his food will do? Then maybe next time you can try Red or Yellow. You might be able to bottle the poo and sell it as Paint. Just be sure you include a bottle of Febreeze with every order.

That sounds like a musical, Karl: "Shadow and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Poo" Not only are we going to be the toast of the art world, but the toast of Broadway, too. Or maybe we'll just be toast!

Warning: Poo picture after the cute snake picture

Because Shadow's poo has become such a topic of interest here, I thought I'd show everyone who is interested the reality. I found this "present" about 10 am and I always clean up as quickly as possible. These intelligent and sensitive snakes do not like being in soiled surroundings. I know that with the adult poo painting this seems counter intelligent, but it is true.

So here is Shadow in his critter keeper. I put a hide in there for him while I clean, but this is right after I put the hide back in his home. All this adorableness is definitely worth the clean up.

13xRAhFh.jpg

Now remember this is a big baby. How big is a 70 gram corn snake poo? It's a little more watery, and most of the urates had run under the paper, but this was a really, nice healthy one. (If I were to judge poo quality.)

So now you know! Not so bad. Spot cleaned in 10 minutes. The most time consuming part is folding the fresh newspaper and paper towels to the right size.

x75yMOFh.jpg

It’s not to bad but I bet he is worth and you don’t mind how big or how smelly it gets
I know I wouldn’t mind he is beautiful
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could paint a "Happy Tree by the Waterfall" with that poo. It should smear with little effort.

(Edit)

By the way, Shadow is very very shiny. How 'bout a belly pic, since he/she just shed a few days ago.

Lol, on the poo, Karl. I guess you can look at that pile like looking at the clouds and make of it what you will. Or maybe it's like a rorschach test!

We are still in the baby snake kind of flighty stage. He sits calmly enough upright but turning him over for a picture will probably be a bridge a little too far. Positive handling experiences are more important right now. He's got a really cute belly and I'd love to share it!

LOL, I didn't mean turn him over to show his belly. I just thought you could hold him and get a belly shot. Hahahhaha. They have sort of Pearly bellies don't they? Like Clyde's except darker?

LOL, I didn't mean turn him over to show his belly. I just thought you could hold him and get a belly shot. Hahahhaha. They have sort of Pearly bellies don't they? Like Clyde's except darker?

Yes, kind of like a black pearl.

My problem is holding his belly to the camera with one hand while trying to take the picture with the other. It's a wonder I get the pictures I do, lol.

at8w1Ejh.jpg

Shadow just had his 4th unassisted feeding. Time flies! Today, he ate his first whole 1-day old f/t quail. It weighed 7 grams. There was some jaw resetting afterwards, but he swallowed it no problem. It did leave a little tummy bulge. He also had a pinkie mouse appetizer.

The picture is a couple of days old. We are having short handling sessions on the days he’s not digesting.

Back