CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #41
Rich Z
Well I guess I would have to ask what the intentions are from someone who would post a message here saying "Hey, I have a private non-commercial informational site that I want you all to come look at" instead of simply posting that information related to corn snakes HERE? There is a motive behind something like that, obviously, so what exactly is it?

Also bear in mind that from a business standpoint, yes, I do sell banner advertising on this site. So is it contrary to my best interests, from a business standpoint, to allow the free self advertising get too carried away to where people feel there is no need to pay for those banner ads? Is that real smart of me? I am pretty liberal with the manner in which people advertise their sites within the signature area and using their avatars, but no, I am not offering carte blanche to everyone to do everything and anything they want to here. If some feel my request is unreasonable, then perhaps their expectations are just a bit unrealistic.

Some may feel that this is being self serving of me. Very well then, but perhaps that is because YOUR self serving interests are just butting heads with MY self serving interests.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #42
dbowyer68rr
Rich, I'm glad I don't have your job. Sometimes it's like dealing with a buncha kids. And sometimes it's like dealing with people walking into your house without wiping their feet, drinking all your beer and leaving the refrigerator door open, then taking a dump in your toilet and not flushing, and THEN walking out without saying thanks, kiss my butt or anything.......

Old 04-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #43
daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowyer68rr
Rich, I'm glad I don't have your job. Sometimes it's like dealing with a buncha kids. And sometimes it's like dealing with people walking into your house without wiping their feet, drinking all your beer and leaving the refrigerator door open, then taking a dump in your toilet and not flushing, and THEN walking out without saying thanks, kiss my butt or anything.......
Damn...I hate it when that happens...

Old 04-15-2005, 03:26 PM   #44
JM :o)
Wow~ I think that IS my job~

Only it's anywhere from 5-10 teenage boys every weekend~ and they drink all the soda (I drink the beer and try not to notice the toilet thing) Then come Sunday night when they all go home my husband and the two teenagers that are actually MINE want to know why there is no food in the house~ and whats that funky smell?

Thanks for letting us play on your web site Rich~ as long as your volunteering for crappy jobs~ let me know if you'd like to be in charge of all the neighborhood kids too! I'll send some over! (hey~ at least if they are at my house making a mess and eating anything that slows down long enough for them to catch~ they are not out on the street getting into real trouble)

Old 04-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #45
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM :o)
Thanks for letting us play on your web site Rich~ as long as your volunteering for crappy jobs~ let me know if you'd like to be in charge of all the neighborhood kids too! I'll send some over! (hey~ at least if they are at my house making a mess and eating anything that slows down long enough for them to catch~ they are not out on the street getting into real trouble)
Let me get some fresh batteries for my stun gun first. Does wonders when it comes to getting someone's attention in a hurry!

Old 04-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #46
gardenmum
WOW......looks like I missed the party! Geesh. Well, all I can say is, don't blame you Rich. Lines have to be drawn and the owner definitely has the right to choose where. Personally, I think we all have plenty of free reign and do not think that the current limitations are unduly given.

Thanks for a great place to hang out and be "corny", Rich.

Man, I don't know what that guy was on but maybe he should try something else, hey? Talk about chewing your own tongue off. Wow. Even if I were upset about rules on the site, the last thing I'd do would be to blast the OWNER of the site who has the right to whateve rules "he" chooses and make a fool of myself with everyone.

Oh well, Rich. Guess there'll always be the occassional one like that. Too bad.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #47
Joejr14
For those of you who dont understand Rich's POV, click this link.

CLICK HERE

Old 04-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #48
Rich Z
Fortunately some of the wounds are self healing.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #49
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
For those of you who dont understand Rich's POV, click this link.

CLICK HERE
Now, there's a handy link for a lot of posts I've seen on here.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:05 PM   #50
Shep151
Joe, why do I get the feeling I'll be seeing you post a few more of those links around here?...
LMAO!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread