• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP!! MISSING SNAKE!!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. It may not be an actual opening...it might just be part of the edge that she can pry open.

caught her. I fell asleep from being up all night looking. I just heard crinkling. she was crawling on the plastic bag I set down under her tank.

I checked the screen. nothing came apart that I could tell.

She is now inside the plastic container, and placed into the tank. I will only let her out tomorrow to feed. And then not until the new tank gets here. The package tracking says it's in the final stages of processing, so I guess that means it'll ship tomorrow hopefully. and be here a couple days after that.

caught her.

Yay. I like happy endings.

Now seal her in a jar with holes in the top and superglue it shut. Stack a 10lb weight on the lid just to make sure.*

I can sympathize...I am a new snake owner too and have been extremely paranoid about an escape. Thats why my entire viv is metal and glass.

* kidding

Thats a nice tank actually.

$130? Yikes. I think a 20 gallon tank here in Denver runs about $30. But it does have that fancy lid. It will end up looking better. If money wasnt an issue I would rather have the one you are getting.

That thing looks really secure. I doubt you will have to worry about another escape.

JeffDenver: I think the issue was that he couldn't get on locally as he lives in the sticks like me so had to order what he could off the internet. Bryan feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Also congrats on catching the little escape artist. Makes me feel better knowing she is safe.

actually I live in the largest city area in Newfoundland. But that's still only 50-75k I think. It's just that there's no zilla stores, or what I saw, suppliers around. I've got a Pet City, and a Pets unlimited. They both sell exoterra. Which believe me, is way more expensive. This 9.5 gal one I have now was just as much as the 20 gal I just ordered. Their prices are insane. From now on, it's dollar store or walmart unless I need to get something specific.

yeah. it's a wonderful place to live, but sometimes you miss not have access to things you'd get in the mainland. Anyway, here's the temp home. I'm gonna type the top on once she's in.

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

The air holes were made by a nail head. I'm starting to wonder now if that's gonna be enough air flow. There are 14 poked through. I'm an anxious person by nature, so I'm pretty much always gonna worry, unless the holes were big enough for her to get out.

picture.php
[/IMG]

I made them bigger. I found a screw driver and widened them. If I put some on the lid then they'll just get covered up cause I have to keep a book on it to keep it weighed down. I feel like such a bad care taker having to keep her on lock down like this :(. Tomorrow is feeding day though, so at least she'll be digesting and content for a little bit. That new tank can't come fast enough.

For any who are wondering. This is the new tank I ordered this morning.

http://www.petonly.ca/Zilla_Critter_Cage_p/145-66024.htm

I was weary about going with the 20 gallon, but it saves me from having to buy it later when she grows up. In the mean time, I can just load it down with hides and crawly things so she has lots of places to be.
Congrats on finding your snake! That is the same tank I have and I know you will love it. Your snake will NOT get out of that... congrats again!!

Back