• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

Because people will KNOW if it is PMV or a RI......

Because lots of people could be in a situation exactly like this if it is a virus or infection that is say air borne or is transmittable through basic contact

there are lots of reasons Mele - people are merely saying that they stand to lose a lot. There are many others in positions the same aas Elle with literally tens of thousands of pounds worth of snakes on the line. Surely it is understandable that people will get heated when they are worrying and have no real answers (which i know they can't get until Elle finds out more herself).

Everyone is playing a waiting game.

mele2511 said:
Inform them and tell them what ???? "Ohh there is a virus out there but not much can be done about it" ?

So should we all continue to buy and sell snakes, regardless? Warning anyone who has been in contact with a potentially infected snake to cease trading could help stop the virus spreading.

mele2511 said:
However say if i would have put a post up in the forums to say my pet just died possibly from a virus, that would not make me obligated to post results to none quallyfied people to scrach there heads.

mele2511 said:
She gets the results and they are bad right... she gives them to people on an online forum ..... WHAT THE HELL COULD ANY OF YOU POSSIBLY DO TO BRING AN END TO THE PROBLEM.

Who do you think you people are. (no offence to CS.COM this is aimed at the A.Holes at RFUK). What are you all super vets or something ?

Yes, but Elle's snake may have been in contact with others which have now moved to other peoples' collections, and who knows where they went from there? I think Elle is trying to protect the ANIMALS here. It's not about who is most qualified to know. We ALL have reptiles to protect.

I'm not going to demand the results. It's up to Elle. But warning others and encouraging UK keepers to cease trading for a few months is hardly the worse that can come from this scenario. Better safe than sorry.

Can you also confirm you are 110% sure there is no paramyxovirus in the UK?

no, as i have stated clearly, i know there IS PMV in the uk.. it has been in the uk for several years now.

diablo my alter ego lol..

trust me, i don't NEED an alterego.. i am well able to stick up for and defend myself when i NEED to.. to be honest, that sort of accusation only tends to come from someone who is so weak they need to resort to that themselves!

you can see my pic on here, and some "stuff" about me, or what i believe in..

http://www.prokeeperslobby.com/lobbyteam.htm

i have nothing to hide at all. i'm known to a large number of uk keepers, and probably 99% of all of the keepers who use the internet, i moderate a number of UK based animal forums, and the odd EU one here and there also. i don't have a hidden agenda, i don't have a reason to be spouting crap (its ok to say crap??) about stuff i do not know anything about.

what DOES concern me, from a politcal point of view, is when random posts affect the current way keeping is viewed by the powers that be within the UK .

yes, its great that lyn and elle have told people there might be a problem with a snake that is dead becasue it had an RI !!!

and elle, the reason i said RI, is because that is what YOU have said your vet said it had.. that IS what windsor was being treated for, according to your posts in october on here and in the UK

BUT, what is not great is the way it has been done. there is far too much speculation and not enough fact, and with elle refusing to post facts, it makes the whole thing very dodgy suddenly

no one is saying that its not a shame that elle lost a snake... its just a shame that between her and lyn they have made such a hash of the way they have done it

N

PLISSKEN, I fully understand what you are saying and agree with you. However i think it is totaly and utterly discraceful how people are treating Elle .. It is uncalled for.

you might just as well say that all USA breeders should stop trading until people know for sure who has what virus or bacteria in their collection!

ridiculous!

N

Mele, I wasn't attacking Elle in any shape or form. I've been on her 'side' throughout this. A couple of your points just stood out to me, that's all. ;)

PLISSKEN, I fully understand what you are saying and agree with you. However i think it is totaly and utterly discraceful how people are treating Elle .. It is uncalled for.

out if interest.. what exactly is being done, that is SO bad ???

N

you might just as well say that all USA breeders should stop trading until people know for sure who has what virus or bacteria in their collection!

ridiculous!

N

So are you saying that if a breeder suspected he had crypto, but wasn't sure, it would be okay for him to go on sending out his colubrids until he knew 100%? :shrugs:

That isn't to say the whole USA should lockdown BUT anyone who may have been in contact with his snakes or is worried about it should be on guard.

Elle is right to get the word out because who knows where her sold snakes are now?

firstly, elle should know who she has sold snakes too..

this is happened in the last few months, are you telling me she REALLY does not know whats been sold in the last few months?

if she doesn't her record keeping is pretty pants huh!

secondly, she does not know what caused that snakes death (die, pts.. whatever) so yes, whilst she is good for saying she has a problem.. posting that there is a pmv outbreak in the uk, is pure speculation

most snakes with RI's who get post mortemd are routinely checked for things like PMV and IBD.. its nothing to get THAT excited about.. yes its one of the things to check for, but its just one.. not the ONLY one..

its certainly not something to post on this scale about, not until you know for sure!

N

and in light of this comment of yours..

warning others and encouraging UK keepers to cease trading for a few months is hardly the worse that can come from this scenario. Better safe than sorry.

i trust you will NOT be attending or organising this "party for the UK" thats been mentioned on this forum

after all, if you think that uk breeders should cease trading for the next few months it would be highly irresponsible to arrange a get together for uk reptile keepers..

N

further information has come to light.

ok Elle

how about, you tell all these people.. HOW the RI was spread from windsor to the carpet python of Lyns..

how about you tell all these people about HOW you fed the snakes that night

and how you passed the RI round your collection, and OTHER PEOPLES animals too..

your actions that night, were TOTALLY irresponsible Elle. and you damn well know it.

thank you lyn for admiting what happened, albeit not to me, but thank you thank you thank you for being adult enough to admit what happened.

Elle. if you don't tell them. then i will. come clean girl. and you can bet i will cross post to RFUK about this

yes lyn, you did tell her in confidence maybe, but this is TOO GOD DAMN SERIOUS to keep to yourself.

half of this is about how this was spread, and how it might be spread Elle..

you are personally resonsible for passing it to Lyns carpet, and to your other snakes. if something is passed round the UK elle from this, then it will be YOU failing to q'tine your sick snake that has done it..

you should never never never feed a sick animal, then take the mouse it has has in its mouth and spat back out, put it back in the bowl with the other prey items, reheat it, and feed it to another snake

for christs sake girl.. BASIC BASIC husbandry.. what WHERE you thinking of!

hygiene? 100% ??? yeah come off it! yes we don't know where the RI came from in the first place.. but tbh, if you call the above feeding "my hygiene is 100%" then god alone knows what else is going on in your collection.

Nerys

further information has come to light.

ok Elle

how about, you tell all these people.. HOW the RI was spread from windsor to the carpet python of Lyns..

how about you tell all these people about HOW you fed the snakes that night

and how you passed the RI round your collection, and OTHER PEOPLES animals too..

your actions that night, were TOTALLY irresponsible Elle. and you damn well know it.

thank you lyn for admiting what happened, albeit not to me, but thank you thank you thank you for being adult enough to admit what happened.

Elle. if you don't tell them. then i will. come clean girl. and you can bet i will cross post to RFUK about this

yes lyn, you did tell her in confidence maybe, but this is TOO GOD DAMN SERIOUS to keep to yourself.

half of this is about how this was spread, and how it might be spread Elle..

you are personally resonsible for passing it to Lyns carpet, and to your other snakes. if something is passed round the UK elle from this, then it will be YOU failing to q'tine your sick snake that has done it..

you should never never never feed a sick animal, then take the mouse it has has in its mouth and spat back out, put it back in the bowl with the other prey items, reheat it, and feed it to another snake

for christs sake girl.. BASIC BASIC husbandry.. what WHERE you thinking of!

hygiene? 100% ??? yeah come off it! yes we don't know where the RI came from in the first place.. but tbh, if you call the above feeding "my hygiene is 100%" then god alone knows what else is going on in your collection.

Nerys

:eek: dumbfounded

Elle, if this is true, the effects on your reputation can be very bad indeed. I really think you should come and respond to this.

I have read the UK thread and this thread, because I'm not in the midst of it, it is hard for me to comprehend. I do understand the effects of alarmist information. Is it really ruining peoples business, I see from another thread there is a show this weekend, will it not be attended or will people not buy. I don't mean to be naive about the situation. susang

Back