• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Used to eat outside tank, now will only eat in tank?? Weird

weerogue

weerogue
Since I got Alice she was 10 weeks every week since then she has always eatn in a feeding bin, the past few weeks she will only eat inside the tank, I thought she would of been used to feeding outside obviously not... Anyone else had this change of eating place??

Snakes can be finicky at best sometimes. Doesn't surprise me much, though it's definitely not the standard "normal" behavior. Usually they get conditioned eventually. Has she outgrown her feeding bin, have you tried leaving her alone in her bin covered up for a while, etc?

Ye it's a big bin she used to always eat with the lid off aswell, tried several times leaving her with it and she just doesn't seem interested. She tries to escape out her bin always find her wedged on the lid lol, but if she is eating and prefers it in her tank I'll just have to go with it... Strange but

Hehe, Alicia was probably about to go to my next thought. If she's old enough, the "out of enclosure" excitement could more than likely be nature calling. Love is in the air this time of year, and while females don't usually get quite as excited as males do during this time, it's definitely not unheard of for females to display an increase in activity and even go off feed temporarily.

Unless you are absolutely positive it's also possible that Alice is actually an Alex ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I thought at first she's been probed she's 15month now, just strange I thought maybe it was the temp outside was too cold and she just prefers feeling safe in her tank

Honestly, it could be one or more of many factors. She still eats, and that's the important part. After spring time passes and the possible urge to mate subsides you could try bin feeding again.

Yeah man that's true plus I live in Scotland it could be due to our weather that's always a factor, yeah she still eats Like a champ :) one more question what would u say would speed up growth in her if like her big (long) healthy. 1 large mouse once every 10 days or medium once a week?

Never feed to grow. Feed to nourish. Powerfeeding can have detrimental impact on a snakes health and lifespan. That being said, 1 large mouse every 10 days is more ummm nutrition for lack of a better word, than 1 medium every 7 days. But again, you should be feeding prey items sized according to the weight and girth of your snake, and frequency of feeding should really be based on age and size of your snake. They will grow when and how they want to, all snakes are different.

Cool yeah I understand that I'd never want that to happen, there is quite a bulge after she eats but she seems fine with it and is digesting properly, the mouse is just a bit bigger than the thickest part if her. :)

Sounds like you're feeding her the appropriate size.

I feed all of mine in their enclosures, regardless of age/size.
Mine are on a 7 day schedule. With the exception of adult males, they're all fed about every 7 days. My adult males eat every 2-3 weeks.

Back