CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Is it time to feed her two pinkies?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
The Cat
Thanks NH93. I'll try two next time.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
kc261
Since you referred to "last week's feeding", it sounds like you are feeding her once a week. Although she would probably be ok with 2 pinks, especially if they are smaller pinks, there is more risk (regurge) with overfeeding than underfeeding (slower growth). There is still a pretty obvious lump in the picture you showed.

If you are in fact only feeding once every 7 days, it might be better to increase the frequency of feeding to every 4 or 5 days, instead of increasing the size of the meal.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
Since you referred to "last week's feeding", it sounds like you are feeding her once a week. Although she would probably be ok with 2 pinks, especially if they are smaller pinks, there is more risk (regurge) with overfeeding than underfeeding (slower growth). There is still a pretty obvious lump in the picture you showed.

If you are in fact only feeding once every 7 days, it might be better to increase the frequency of feeding to every 4 or 5 days, instead of increasing the size of the meal.
I didn't exactly word that right. Sorry, I should have known that "last week' would have been misleading. She eats every five days, but most of the time it's in separate weeks. I just referred to it as last week, I probably should have been clearer.

I took that right after feeding her. I just thought the lump was smaller than usual. I'll try two tinier pinks next time.

Thanks for your concern!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #14
smigon
And because she is so little, get a scale that measures in 1/10th grams. I keep a log book on my snakes: date, weight before each feeding, what size they ate (or didn't, I write it down and if they refuse to eat it I put a line through the mouse type so I know the exact date they do or don't eat), if they are in blue, if they shed, and anything unusual. This way I can come here with a question and have exact times of anything important that may help identify the cause.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google