CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first lock

Old 01-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
67temp
My first lock

She has been out of brumation for close to a month now and has been in blue for the past 5 days and just went clear. We have a front coming through with the chance of snow so I figured it was worth a shot putting them together. The male has been pacing his tank a lot recently. This is my first attempt at breeding. The male is het charcoal and anery so I'm hoping the female proves to have some hets.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:23 AM   #2
SnakeCreations
How exciting! Congrats!

Tonya

Old 01-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
Twolunger
That's a beautiful pair even if they didn't have hets.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
That's a beautiful pair even if they didn't have hets.
I can't wait for my next pair to be ready to be put together. The babies should be a little more interesting than just amels.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
67temp
I was out of town for a few days. Even in blue he's still getting the job done. The pair is now up to 4 locks

Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
67temp
It's always the ones you look forward to breeding the most that gives you the hardest time. These two just wanted to cuddle.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
Jenn-675
Good luck with them those are going to be some very nice offspring. I must ask what the gray and yellow morph is called, it is beautiful!

Old 02-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
67temp
Thank you. He is a honey bloodred Miami. The honey is caramel and sunkissed combined.

I'm hoping for some nice Miami okeettees het caramel, sunkissed, bloodred to hold back for the start of a project with the end goal to look like a manderian rat snake.

Next year he is getting paired with a honey with similar genes, a caramel Miami with similar genes, and a honey tessera if she hits a growth spurt. Honey Miami tessera will probably be pretty cool looking.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #9
albinoscooby
Beautiful snakes...The first lock is always the most exiciting lol. Those are the first few I owned. The amel gene is a good one to have. Try to lightly spray them with some mist...it helps with the pheromones in the air

Old 03-11-2019, 10:13 PM   #10
67temp
I'm still learning and pretty sure I know the answer to this but will two females ever attempt to lock? I've heard of two males attempting to before.

Also will a female ever twitch, mount, or tail flag another?

The okeettee posted above was sold to me as a female. I probed it as a deep female or a very shallow male. I've tried multiple males with it and got no action. Just for kicks I tried the amel female that already laid a clutch. The okeettee didn't waste much time before attempting to court her.