CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calculator Update & Ultra Mystery continues...

Old 08-01-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Menhir
Calculator Update & Ultra Mystery continues...

Hy,

I updated the Online Genetic Calculator a little bit... here the main improvements:

a) Colored Radio Buttons and a more tiny design for a better orientation
b) the Results where just pre ordered and the bigger the results got, the more they weren't ordered by the number of hom. morphs. So, I added a little algorithm that orders the results completely by the amount of hom. traits
c) I'm a strict proponent of giving phenotype correct results in the calculator. So, when someone took a closer look - that was NOT true for the Motley-Stripe thing. I improved the algorithm, so that now, the results are NOT e.g. 1/2 Motley, 1/2 Motley-X-Stripe anymore, instead he would give you 1/1 Motley 50 %poss.het. Stripe - cause thats exactly what you see (or not see )

So - and now the main feature that leaded to a PHP armageddon and cost me thousands of cells in my brain - I included the Co-Dominant Amel and Ultra thing.
I think the things we discussed in the other thread are soundly enough, to put one foot into that direction. I don't say it IS so - but I think the calculator will be usefull especially in the breedings where also Motley, Caramel,... are involved.

I first thought of using the same algorithm that handels the Motley and Stripe - but Motley-X-Stripe can't be distingushed from Motley - but the majority of posters in the Ultra thread mentioned, that Ultra, Ultramel and Amelanistic could be distingushable - so I use it that way...

From now on, I have both ways available and I can switch between distingushable and not... (so, thats fast changed, when Ultramels, Ultras and Amels are not distingushable into 3 partitions)

So, again - Ultra and Amel CAN be allels but they don't have to be! If you think thats not true, feel free to take another form of Hypo instead of Ultra and switch it in your head - this way you can also use "ultra" and amel in the "old style" way

hmmm - long text, it's late at night and I should go sleeping.
Please post any errors or mistakes in the program you can find, I'm always thankfull for help!!

Greetings from Nuremberg
Menhir

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google