CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding trouble. Advice appriciated

Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
willhorner
Feeding trouble. Advice appriciated

Back in December we purchased 4 baby corns. 3 of the 4 are eating like champs as had the 4th till about 3 weeks ago, she is a snow about 10 inches long and had been eating a pinkie a week for the last 6 weeks like clockwork. She hast eaten for the last 2 feedings now. She doesn't look to be about to shed. how long without eating should we go before I get worried? Anything I can do to encourage eating? any question i can answer ill be happy to.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
obboi34
She has missed two feedings? How long is that? I would not worry until it has been maybe two months. I hope that some of the following questions help you find an answer.
1. Does the snake have its own space?
2. Are there enough spaces for it to hide?
3. Is the snake left alone with food? I found that leaving warmed prey overnight was very helpful for my corn.
4. Take a look at some methods people have used on this website, ie slits, tuna dipping, and braining.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
willhorner
Unfortunately she died the following morning. Something much larger must have been wrong.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
Twolunger
Sometimes we can do everything correctly, and yet a snake will die. Nature provides for unexpected losses, and predators by allowing snakes to have larger clutches. I had 9 hatchlings from one clutch emerge from their eggs last year. All were raised on paper towels with the proper heat. All ate at least 6 pinkies and shed well. All were growing nicely, and yet I found one dead.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
corn_snake_lover
im sorry about the snake

unless your an experience breeder i wouldn't buy a snake unless they give it or sell it to you eating at least 4 feedings baby snakes specially pythos are famous for this they wont eat as babies and have to assist feed and sometimes force feed i bought my corn snake 2 months ago at petsmart she was about 3 to 4 weeks old but she was already eating and her eating just got better over this 8 weeks.but maybe something else was wrong with that snake like all animals when they dont eat something is likely wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google