CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn Snake problem

Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
TheGamingReptile
Corn Snake problem

Hello everyone I'm John and I'm 16 years old.Since I was 7 years old I wanted a pet snake.I managed to persuade my parents get me one this year.But unfortunately things seem hard.Just today(I haven't gotten it yet)I learned that adult corn snakes need a large tank(I thought that the 56 x 35 x 25 fauna box would be good enough).And the problem is that my parents and I go on vacation on summer and on christmas and we can't carry with us a huge terrarium.Im so sad and dissapointed.Can I do anything at this situation?

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Old 08-02-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I assume you are talking about cm rather than inches, since you are in Europe, but that tank is big enough for a corn snake. It is on the smaller end, I would not go any smaller, but it is ok. Corn snakes are not large snakes, most only about 3 to 5 feet, (1 to 1.5m), so that cage you described should work. Just make sure you heat it properly, have a secured lid or door, proper humidity and plenty of places to hide, preferably at least 1 hiding spot on the warm end and 1 on the cool.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
DeuceRon
Also, depending on how long you're gone, you can leave a snake for a while and it'll be okay. As long as it has water, it can go a while without eating. I'd say 10 days or so..

Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
Seriva Senkalora
56cm x 35cm x 25cm is way too small for an adult... (If speaking about cm.) Mine are at least in cages of 100cm x 60cm x 60cm which is at the lower range of what they need! Most of my cages are bigger than that.

And you don't need to take your snake with you on vacation.
Just ask a friend to check water twice a week and she will do fine while you are away.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
56 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm is the same as about 23 x 14 x 10 inches. While "Seriva" should be given brownie points for his huge tanks, it's really overkill and not necessary for corn snakes. The tank in question here is fine for a corn snake, in fact, people that house them in tubs and racks sometimes keep them in even smaller ones than that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google