CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

So Begins The Saga....

Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
SunnyDelight
So Begins The Saga....

So yesterday (the 10th) I put my hatchling striped snow corn (my only male, future breeder...) in his new larger home. I get home from work today to find that my cats had knocked it off my dresser, no little snakey. At this point I don't know if the cats have killed him and draged him off somewhere, or if he make a break for it and I just haven't found him yet. I already took a cursory look in the most obvious places (under the other vivs, behind the dresser, in the drawers, etc) but he's nowhere to be found. I'm going to put flour on my floor tonight to see if he's still in my room.... If I don't find any tracks in the morning... it's off to a full room search, then a full house search. Oh GOD I hope I find him...
Wish me luck.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 AM   #2
Taceas
I hope you find him! Aren't cats great?

Thankfully my cats aren't that interested in the snakes. I guess they're so used to them, its not really a novelty anymore. Then again, the bulk of my snakes are behind a closed door that the cats don't have access too.

I recently had four snakes to escape due to crappy lids and user error. I wasn't for sure when they had gotten out, but suspected it was a couple of days earlier when I lifted lids to snap pics. I found 2 within an hour of searching, one 2 weeks later on the opposite end of the house, and one is still MIA a month later. I've had one to show up outside 8 months later.

Watch your cats, they'll point the snake out to you if he's moving around. They're better than any snake trap I've tried thus far. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
SunnyDelight
Talking lucky i didnt panic!

well, i went to tearing apart my room after posting the thread. first thing i did was cover my vent. started picking up and shaking out miscellaneous pices of clothing and guess who i found in a rolled up sock? thats right! my little escape artist! i call him that cause he somehow managed to outsmart my cats for god knows how many hours before i got home and closed off the room. please dont think i posted a missing snake thread as a cry for attention. im so relived that i found him!!!!!! he was cold and mighty pissed off thats for sure! gave him a drink and placed him back in his trusty tupperware container. i think he shall call that home for a few more months until i get a better (read cat proof) way of housing my snakes.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #4
Taceas
Glad you found him intact! That's always a good way to end a day.

Btw, what new and bigger viv did you move him into that your cats demolished in short order, for curiosities' sake?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #5
Bobo's Mama
Yay! Must be a day for finding missing snakes. I found my lost baby too. Rolled up in a sock, huh? How cute! Glad you found him. And a snow stripe too. I'll bet he's pretty. You should post some pics of the little guy. Darn cats.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
SunnyDelight
it was just a 5.5 gallon little viv. i have a mancoon and a very large half siamese cat. they are surprizingly strong! im going to try to get my neighbor to lend me his camera later today as it is still nice out here (maybe for another 3 days) and i got a new anery female a month or so ago and no one has seen pics of her yet! (SHES HET HYPO! striped ghosts here i come, well in a few years).

congrats on finding your little one too! im so glad that everyones day ended well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google