CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #51
marty.warwick
Keep working hard! I really admire your hard work to get Lil to eat We can't just give up on these little guys - even when they do poo-poo every food item put in front of them (Quite literally in your case!)

Old 03-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #52
diamondlil
well she'll get there in the end, I can't see me wrestling with her jaws when she's an adult, I was soooooooooo excited when she was digging at the pink, really thought she was going to eat this time, just awaiting snakebait and feeder to do their duty, if she doesn't go for a live pink I'll be really stumped.
Am going back to the shop tomorrow to pick up pygmy chameleon for my youngest's birthday, the owner has offered to swap Lil for another snow and I went NOOOOOOooooooo!

Old 03-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #53
jenkva
I cross my fingers and toes for you that she will eat and not poop the live pinkie... I can't wait for the mouse to deliver so that we know.
Good Luck!

Old 03-10-2006, 05:17 AM   #54
diamondlil
I'm not that good a cook, but haven't had that reaction to food I serve up before! I'm just off to pick up the cham, and to meet my new christmas corn, still haven't thought of a name for her yet, will see if I can get pics

Old 03-10-2006, 06:55 AM   #55
marty.warwick
Oo another snake.. - I wish my mum liked snakes as much as you! I'm moving trav into a nice big viv soon (for trade price mwuahaha) which leaves the viv he's in now empty for someone new!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #56
diamondlil
growing!

still waiting for the pinky production, mama mouse starting to get plump, so had to feed Lil again by syringe, and today found a lovely complete shed, exactly 4 weeks from the last shed so looks like my girl is back on her growth schedule, I'm soooooooooooooo happy

Old 03-20-2006, 03:40 AM   #57
jenkva
That is funny you post today, I was thinking about you and your little Lil when I went to bed yesterday wondering if the mama mouse had given birth yet or not...shame to hear that not and if she had eating the offering...lol

Congratulations on the shed, that means you are giving her all that she needs
When Lil eat a pinkie, you should make a photo and frame it.... with all your hard work and devotion, you should be very proud of yourself!

Old 03-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #58
diamondlil
Thanks Jenkva, I suspect there will be a whole album of pics when lil finally eats. The shed was a surprise, because she is a snow I didn't notice she had been in blue. The best thing is her temperament hasn't changed, despite having to be fed with a syringe she is not at all worried about being picked up, or handshy. I had to keep the shed, and would have taken pics if she wasn't digesting her pinky puree.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #59
jenkva
Does it get easier to feed her with the syringe? I mean, is she more willing to take from it?
Mouse-Mama still not showing signs yet....??

Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #60
diamondlil
To be honest,it was easy from the start, I've syringe fed baby gerbils and zebra finches before, I was so worried about damaging her mouth and adding mouthrot to her troubles that I probably delayed longer than I could have.
Mama mouse starting to look pear-shaped, so hopefully not long to wait now

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google