• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My snake keeps rubbing up the glass!?!?

Ours do that too, scoping for an escape route...especially when they are hungry.

Is he/she rubbing the tip of the nose?

In excess it could be a problem...

How old is your snake and how long have you had him/her?

My snake is 2-3 months, I don't quite know what part of his face.

It's been in my tank for 1.5 days. It's currently not doing it.

And it ate last thurs so I'll feed him his first pinkie(from me) this thurs.

Oh, he is really new:)

Yes, they will do that in the beginning (or when you change their enclosure)
for a few days-week or so (at least ours did).

Ours seemed like they were always out looking around trying to get out day and night...then all of a sudden they settled in and now they only come out and search around in the late evening early morning (and of course middle of the night). And they only are really busy on the day before they eat and the day of...their hunting:)

Haha thanks..

Wait? their hunting? is that something I don't know about

Also, do you recommend dead or alive feed?

Well since I have seen a chewed up cornsnake from a live mouse doing its thing I am too worried to even think about live ANYTHING...of any size.

I have been lucky that everything we have eats frozen/thawed...

We had a Ball Python and one other snake that came to us eating live, but with a nice thawed/warm mouse and a wiggle at the end of a feeding tongs they never even thought twice. And now they eat with just dropping in the dead/thawed mouse...no questions asked;)
(it took ours about 4 feedings before I did not have to wiggle the mouse and they just slurped it up).

I know with Chinese Water Dragons, rubbing will cause snout damage.
This damage will even bleed and can get infected and snowball into problems.
The dragon isn't smart enough to even know to stop, it will continue doing this making things get worse and worse.

Does anyone know if this is the same for Corn snakes?

one of my small corns use to do that when i was using a particularly dusting form of bedding. it was like recycled paper of some sort.....but once i changed to coconut fiber, he stopped...i guess his nose was itchy...

well might doesnt rub his nose up that much but hes always on the side of the glass tryin to get out i guess thats how they will be until u have em for about a year

Corns are always looking for a way out, my corn doesnt do it much anymore because she knows there is no way out! Mwahahaha!

I would suggest something your little snake can climb on, maybe you can suction cup some plastic plants to the side of the tank, mine really like to be on them leaves! I would also suggest some sticks so she/he can climb up it.

Personally, I kind of likes seeing my snake trying to escape, it was pretty cute, but now she just comes out during the night and I never get to see her much. Just get her/him something to climb on of some sort, and make sure the top of the viv is secure!

Good Luck!

mine was doing that just awhile ago and then we realized he was shedding and I think he was trying to get the old skin off by rubbing against stuff.

Back