• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Old is YOUR Oldest Corn???

Brokk was hatched in July 2011. He's from the first clutch I produced.
Photos of him as a baby and now.

Attachments

• brokk baby.jpg
    brokk baby.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 63
  • brokk.jpg
    brokk.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 61
My cornsnake is 28 years old. I got him in 1993. He acts super healthy although he has looked thin for the past few years. Happy to hear of a few other old corns out there.

Attachments

• 13096265_10154160546958829_7854658310136128589_n.jpg
    13096265_10154160546958829_7854658310136128589_n.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 49
This is Gallahad. He will be 33 in July.
picture.php

27 yr old

I realize this is an old thread and I initially was searching for advice for old snakes and came across this and just thought I’d chime in on this. I’ve had my amelanistic corn snake since she was about a month old and I was 14 at that time making her 27 years old. In the last month she’s refused food for the first time in that 27 years and I’m starting to worry. I’ve also noticed that her skin feels different than it once did. Her vet says she’s one of the healthiest snakes he’s seen and aside from taking her age into consideration he can’t see anything to be concerned about. He said her skin feeling may be loss of elasticity. Just curious if anyone else on here has had a corn snake live this long and what their experience was. Ideas for getting her to eat?

Unfortunately I can't see your picture. I'm not sure about the skin thing, but it would make sense for them to lose some elasticity in their skin like people do as they get older.

As for eating, you could try a smaller meal, heated extra hot and brained. Have you palpated her for eggs? Has she ever laid for you?

My cornsnake is 28 years old. I got him in 1993. He acts super healthy although he has looked thin for the past few years. Happy to hear of a few other old corns out there.

Just an update, Elizabeth Striker died last week. He was 29. He shed a week before so was acting pretty normal up till the end. Felt like his time.

Just an update, Elizabeth Striker died last week. He was 29. He shed a week before so was acting pretty normal up till the end. Felt like his time.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's so hard to lose a snake, particularly the ones who have been with us for so many years. I will be in bits when Galahad's time is finally up.

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. It definitely sounds like his time had come after a good long life with you. I know you're going to miss your snake. It's hard to lose a long-time buddy.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back