• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Hello,

my holdback from last year.

0.1 Granitetesseramotley/striped

Attachments

• 0.1GranitemotleytesseraH9a.JPG
    0.1GranitemotleytesseraH9a.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 61
Slinky,
In 2010, rescued her as a baby in 1996.
2183bc9dad7004f33d8fdaaa2e2d9e0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blue Tesseras 2018

Blue Tessera het Motley female 2018

Hypo Blue Tessera het Motley male 2018

Attachments

• BlueTshMf.JPG
    BlueTshMf.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 25
  • HBueTsm.JPG
    HBueTsm.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 25
Striped Tesseras

I have been trying to produce a Lava Motley Tessera for several years, because I like how Blue Motley Tesseras look. I thought Lava Motley Tesseras would look pretty FINE too!

Breeding: Tessera het Striped Lava Snow X Lava Motley het Striped Snow.

No Lava Motley Tesseras , but two Striped Tesseras popped up. A Striped Lava Tessera and Striped Anery Tessera het Motley.

The last photo is a comparison photo between a Striped Lava Tessera vs Striped Lava from my Striped Lava line. They look even more extreme than a "Vanishing" Striped Corn.

This is my forth clutch with this breeding, and they have produced a few Motleys and Stripes, but this Phenotype stands out as Striped Tessera, until they prove otherwise.

Attachments

• StAnTshVm.JPG
    StAnTshVm.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 25
  • StVTsm.JPG
    StVTsm.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 25
  • StVvxStVTs.JPG
    StVvxStVTs.JPG
    497.5 KB · Views: 24
Ice Tessera het Motley

Ice Tessera het Motley

From the same breeding as the above Striped Tesseras. I also produced a Lava Tessera het Motley, so I will reach my Lava Motley Tessera goal eventually.

Attachments

• ITshMm.JPG
    ITshMm.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 24
Sunkissed Tessera

Sunkissed Tesseras are easy to pick out due to their color and pattern, BUT what about other Sunkissed Tessera Combines.

I believe this is an Amel Lava Sunkissed Tesssera, from a breeding between a Lava Tessera het Sunkissed Butter, but all I really have to go on is the genetic possibilities, and the pattern.

Attachments

• AVSkTsm.JPG
    AVSkTsm.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 24
Topaz Sunkissed Tessera

Breeding: Lava Tessera het Sunkissed Butter X Same

Is this a Butter Sunkissed Tessera, a Topaz Sunkissed Tessera or perhaps a Lava Butter Sunkissed Tessera?

So do you like Topaz Sunkissed, or Lava Honey better? They mean the same thing as Caramel Lava Sunkissed.

I am pretty sure that he is a Sunkissed Tessera based upon his pattern alone.

Attachments

• TopazSkTsm.JPG
    TopazSkTsm.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 25
  • TopazSkTsma.JPG
    TopazSkTsma.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 27
Snake creations did you produce that honey or buy it from someone? I have a 2017 female honey from SMR that looks almost identical.

Snake creations did you produce that honey or buy it from someone? I have a 2017 female honey from SMR that looks almost identical.

She's from Don as well :) She's one of my favs - always out and about, curious and a super aggressive eater. She's got the stubbiest little nose.

-Tonya

Masque Bloodred Tesseras

Male Masque Bloodred Tessera het Amel Lava 2019

Male Masque Fire Tessera het Amel 2019

Breeding: Lava Tessera het Amel Bloodred x Fire Tessera het Lava

Attachments

• MasFtshV19-39-3m.JPG
    MasFtshV19-39-3m.JPG
    492.5 KB · Views: 57
  • MasTshAV19-39-2m.JPG
    MasTshAV19-39-2m.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 58
2018 Magma Tessera

Male Magma Tessera 2018

He looks pretty good, even though he is getting ready to shed any day.

Possibly homo Tessera

Attachments

• 18VBTsm.JPG
    18VBTsm.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 56
Sunkissed Lava Tessera ph Butter

I found another Sunkissed Tessera when I was feeding today, a Sunkissed Lava Tessera ph Butter.

When compared to a sibling in the second photo which is what the parents look like, it is pretty obvious that the first photo is of a Lava Sunkissed Tessera. The patterns on Sunkissed Tesseras are pretty consistent, even though some regular Tesseras have an aberrant pattern, the Sunkissed pattern on Tesseras is a little different, and this one also has a pattern on its head, that we often see on regular Sunkissed.

Attachments

• SkVTsphButf.JPG
    SkVTsphButf.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 53
  • VtsphButSk19-26-1m.JPG
    VtsphButSk19-26-1m.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 51
Honey tessera and snow tessera

Attachments

• KIMG2247.JPG
    KIMG2247.JPG
    457.9 KB · Views: 49
  • KIMG2250.JPG
    KIMG2250.JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 47
  • KIMG2242.JPG
    KIMG2242.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 50
  • KIMG2230.JPG
    KIMG2230.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 49
I totally forgot that this gal was a tessera because she's mostly hiding XD

This is Ruiva, and I won her from Steve Roylance. She's a hypo cinder tessera

Attachments

• ruiva 2.jpg
    ruiva 2.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ruiva 4.jpg
    ruiva 4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ruiva 1.jpg
    ruiva 1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 23
Question: is it considered “undesirable” if a tessera has a broken stripe? Is a continuous stripe better?

It's all just personal preference. I personally prefer either ends of the spectrum - an extremely clean continuous stripe or a crazy broken up stripe - but not so much the middle of the spectrum, a slightly broken stripe.

Back