CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

I lost my baby!

Old 08-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Cane
I lost my baby!

My new corn Ali disappeared. I'm quite sure I will never find her again. I fed her 3 days ago and went to handle her today and she somehow escaped from a 20 gallon Zilla with the lid on. I normally live in the basement flor of my house but I had a flood and everything is torn up there is no way I'm gonna find her and reconstruction is starting in 2 days. To top it off I have 3 cats that live on the lower floor and 3 upstairs. There are waaaay to many places for her to hide in furniture and removed baseboard and insulation. Also if she was able to somehow squeeze out of a Zill cage she most likely could squeeze out of my basement door to the outside. I'm sure this is one that will not end well.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
GitaBooks
I'm so sorry to hear that! It's always scary, especially with other pets that could hurt them.
We lost our snake for a few days and he just showed up among the shoes one day. Snakes like to follow along walls, hide in secure places (inside or under furniture), and stay where it is warm. They tend to be most active around dusk and dawn. One of the tricks we tried to find our snake was getting some bedding from a hamster cage at the pet store and trying to attract the snake with the smell.

I hope you find her soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google