CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Elemental Exotic's possible 2015 corn pairings.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #101
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
I could see how being homozygous tessera might somehow increase the odds of DIE if the baby is homozygous, but I can't think of any way that having a super tessera parent would make an embryo more likely to die, if the embryo is only carrying one copy of the tessera allele, as was the case here. The only difference between the gametes of a tessera and super tessera is that all the super tessera gametes contain a tessera allele, instead of just half of them, so there shouldn't be any way that being homozygous tessera could effect the mortality of offspring, unless those offspring are super tessera and somehow two copies of tessera sometimes has some sort of deleterious effect.

But if you meant you were trying to see if homozygous tessera babies are more likely to die in the egg, then ignore what I just said
I guess what I'm referring to wouldn't apply in her case, it would have been in my Tessera X Tessera clutch, like the Jag gene, in Carpets. Jag X Jag is lethal for some of the babies.
Not so in the Tessera gene, but I was curious how the hatch rate is from a Super Tessera parent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google