CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Hillary popular with the locals?

Old 10-26-2016, 08:04 AM   #11
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with where you live. Out here, I have never seen a Trump sign, nor do any of my friends or family support him out here. So it's hard to say what the outcome of this election will be.
It's going to come down to Florida.

I voted Monday, and in Gainesville, saw what appeared to be a majority of Clinton supporters. But I expected that.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #12
axis1
Hi Rich! How ya been?

Been following your thread - at a somewhat respectable distance! - but with some unforeseen & unplanned free time (thanx to a subway emergency in Brooklyn, no less!) I thought I'd take minute or two to chime in (I can practically HEAR some of you CRINGING, like, "Oh wow. Here comes this maniac. Wonder what kind of incendiary BS he's gonna spout outta his blowhole this morning!" (See, not ALL the voices I hear are strictly from inside of my own head! LOL!).

Usually, I try not to participate in such potentially polarizing discussions, as I do like to get along and play nice with all the other kids in the sandbox. But then I just thought about it for a minute and thought. . .WHAT THE HELL! I'll give it a shot, if you don't mind too much.

Thanx for the snapshot of Hillary with a prolonged proboscis, which is probably one of the more accurate pix of her prior to her peeps working on it for her pubic . . . er, I mean PUBLIC appearances. (Freudian slip, though other parts of the nether region in the rear end of the human anatomy might come to mind when thinking of Hillary)!

While I live and work in one of the most politically liberal areas of the country, not to mention being a social worker for the past quarter century or so, an occupation which can be considered to be liberal by definition, it is a wonder WHY someone like her will provoke such an adverse reaction in me both physically AND mentally! I mean, just about EVERY TIME I see this woman waddling onto a stage with her fashion-conscious phoniness which just complements her other bogus, plastic-looking, totally fabricated, ersatz (always wanted to use that word!), artificial, imitation, counterfeit, simulated, and otherwise synthetically-manufactured look and appearance, I just get a reaction similar to the one that was in the news almost a quarter century ago, for those of you old enough to remember in reference to a television personality who provoked a seizure in one of her audience members! For those of you who don't or are too young to remember, in 1991, a neurologist reported in a medical journal that a woman got epileptic seizures by hearing the voice of Mary Hart, a host of the syndicated television program "Entertainment Tonight." (I took the liberty of inserting a link to an article describing this phenomenon below, for those of you who need some proof):

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/11/us...-seizures.html

While I don't have such an EXTREME reaction (thankfully!) as that, whenever I turn the news on and happen to catch her with that disgustingly phony smile, while she POINTS to no one in particular as if she knows them (one of the most PRETENTIOUS things I've EVER seen her repeat OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER again & again & again & again . . . ) UGH! And this is before she even OPENS her YAP, forever seeming to mimic a high school valedictorian giving a speech (can you imagine how this must frustrate her husband, who, political ideologies notwithstanding, was one of the greatest orators of the 20th Century?).

In any case, I'm not suggesting that Trump is the most upstanding gentlemen who would serve as a valid and reliable alternative as a public figure who could help the US navigate our way through the turbulent waters of the near future. Especially in light of the adverse reaction of, and from, women, who contrary to popular belief, are a significantly important component of our society as a whole, to put it mildly! One part of me asks, if any of those recent accusations are true, then how come not even ONE video from a smartphone or other device hasn't appeared as is probably the biggest liability towards ANY human being doing almost ANYTHING nowadays? ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS! Even restrooms aren't safe! The other part of me says, "If 10 people call you a horse, perhaps it's time to shop around for a saddle!" The fact that Trump is narcissistic and rarely, if EVER, apologizes for ANYTHING doesn't assist in any of his cases except for the fact that he probably wouldn't allow any foreign leaders to bully or intimidate him (Osama Obama didn't meet with the Philipino president, a man who publicly advocates vigilante death squads in killing drug pushers AND addicts alike, because he threatened to curse Obama out. Could you imagine what Trump would have done? To dismiss or sweep this guy under the proverbial rug is similar to putting your head in the sand, meanwhile the status quo is perpetuated, as would be the case with Barack's intended successor, Hillary, who is probably part of the reason guys like that Philipino maniac exist in the first place!). Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that a changing of the type of guard this country has is in order. Unfortunately, the list of potential candidates has dwindled to just two choices.

At the risk of being redundant (found in the dictionary under REDUNDANT), here is a caption I have posted before but which continues to capture what myself and many others in this country believe is the current situation! This despite the fact that I personally CANNOT bring myself to vote for Hillary only because of what it would do in terms of my own conscience and in terms of what I know and what I believe to be!

In any case, thanx for starting and maintaining a thread which allows for some of us to VENT about how we actually FEEL in one of the most ethically-turbulent presidential elections of our time! At least, probably the most upsetting since the days when Barry Goldwater or even Alf Landon ceased to be presidential timber (a non-related but interesting note is that Landon was the only major party nominee for president to live at least 100 years!).

Old 10-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #13
Dragonling
People always talk about red states and blue states. Look at a county map and it's all tiny blue islands in a sea of red. 4% of the land mass, but over 60% of the population, and that's where almost all of our pop culture and media originates. It's all about the country vs. the city. The whole world revolves around us "civilized" (yeah sure) city folks, and it really isn't very fair. Rural families see the chaos of large cities and believe the fabric of society has disintegrated, and the godless savages are coming for them next. The rural way of life is dying, and I don't mean that minorities and gay people are finally getting equal rights and they're upset about it. Look at what happens to a small town when the colliery gets shut down or the factory gets moved overseas. It's downright apocalyptic. But the city folks sit there and blog about their racist white privilege while rural white suicide and overdose rates nearly double. With political correctness the flavor of the month, rural white folks are also the safest comedic punching bag--all the depredation of poverty with zero sympathy. These are hardworking people who take pride in their ability to provide for their families and fend for their own, yet the city dwellers sit in their eggshell white condos sipping their '09 Chateau Montlabert Grace Dieu and make jokes about missing teeth, incest, and banjos. We hoity toity liberals are just as guilty of discriminating against a large group of people, and conservatives are understandably upset. If both sides could get over this us vs. them mentality, maybe, just maybe, we could actually make America great again.

Sorry, that was a bit off-topic for the thread, but I just needed to get that out.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #14
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
. . . If both sides could get over this us vs. them mentality, maybe, just maybe, we could actually make America great again. . . .
WHOA! No need to apologize for something so passionately stated that I felt that in my left armpit!

ESPECIALLY your next-to-last sentence which I quoted back. However, the magical "IF" is just that, IMHO, magical thinking (I, for one, could actually go for some outside-of-the-box ideas but it's just like pissing in the wind after a while). I've often stated back to "if" statements that IF birds had pianos up their asses there would be MUSIC in the AIR!

However, in retrospect, maybe people ought to think about the "IF" in terms of your idea. I mean, what else would they (or we) have to lose? LOOK AT THE LIMITED CHOICES WE HAVE! What else does it take to get the attention of the voting public besides for vicious rhetoric spewed forth like chunks hurled outta puke-filled gullets after a night of drinking rotgut moonshine?! COME ON FOLKS!!!

BTW, How ya been Dragonling?

AFTERTHOUGHT: In reference to "Magical Thinking," imagine God had such a great sense of humor that on Election Day virtually everyone who voted became hypnotized for the time they were in the voting booth resulting in a two-way tie between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson? WHO CARES how much either of them knows or doesn't know? I think it would be worth it just to be able to watch BOTH Hillary and the Donald have to simultaneously eat crow! After all we've seen over the past year and some change, they both deserve it!

Old 11-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
Zincubus
I can't believe that you guys are gonna put Hilary & Bill Clinton back in the Whitehouse !!

What about these new emails unearthing stories of her utaking 10 million dollars from a Russion billionaire last year nudge , nudge ... Plus she took 12 million dollars for ONE meeting with the King of Morocco . . That's just two out of the 650,000 emails !!

Then you have Bills endless list of sex accusations , one woman paid off with 750,000 dollars !!

Plus wasn't Bill Clinton the only president to be dis-barred and impeached !?!

Totally amazing that you guys somehow forgot !!

Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #16
Rich Z
If even half of what is being said about HilLIARy is true, why would anyone want someone like that (not to mention her sexual predator "husband in name only", too) in the White House?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

It does boggle the mind.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #17
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
I can't believe that you guys are gonna put Hilary & Bill Clinton back in the Whitehouse !!
I dunno, if you talk to most Trump supporters they'll tell you he's the one in the lead and the liberal media is lying to get the undecided votes. I think the divide is a lot more even than either side wants to admit.

So which will it be, the turd sandwich or the giant douche?

Old 11-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #18
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I dunno, if you talk to most Trump supporters they'll tell you he's the one in the lead and the liberal media is lying to get the undecided votes. I think the divide is a lot more even than either side wants to admit.

So which will it be, the turd sandwich or the giant douche?

Fox News said tonight that she was up in 220 or something and Trump was up in 130 ish ... and that she only needed another 20 .

Those figures mean nothing to me to be honest . .. They don t look good for Trump though ..

I'm kinda surprised Obama is risking his name by associating himself with Hilary with all this negativity surrounding her . He could come out of this stinking like she does surely .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google