CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Aging and Color Change In Normal/Okeetee

Old 07-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
JustinOfCO
Question Aging and Color Change In Normal/Okeetee

Hey folks!

Just curious, how long does it take for the orange ground color to come in on normals/Okeetees? When I got Askie she was labeled as an Okeetee, though I think she's just a plain wild-type since she lacks the thick black borders and bolder colors. However, she is a year old now, and still pretty gray over a large portion of her body. She has some orange coming in, but not a lot. So I was curious if she might stay grayish, or get more orange later on.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
She's pretty! I could see her getting a little more orange, but probably not much. I think their colors tend to be the nicest around 2 to 4 years old and some of them fade a little bit once they get older. At only a year old, her colors could still change a bit.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #3
JustinOfCO
Gotcha! I'm totally fine with her staying more gray, was just curious. Definitely not a traditional Okeetee, though.

And thanks! She's my baby, and I love her dearly. She's been helping keep me sane during the whole COVID thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
color change, coloration, morph, okeetee