• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh no, another shed question!

Kilojara16

Reptile Cartoonist
My baby is going through her 2nd shed, first since she'd been with me, and I don't have a humidity guage (I ran out of money when buying supplies, but it's on my do to list) I've been spraying the tank in the morning, afternoon, and night. Will giving her a bath add more insurance to having a good shed?

Yes, giving her a bath should help. Try to give her a few before shedding occurs. Humidity guages are only really necessary with animals who require higher humidity. Corns are fine without them.

I was a pre-shed worrier too, and I have a feeling that your snake will do just fine. I did not give my snake a bath becuz I seem to have a rather water-phobic snake, but I did mist the tank a few times a day, plus I put some moist paper towels in a plastic hide inside the tank. Willow shed beautifully!

You don't have to mist the whole tank, if you get an old butter/food tub, you can fill it with moist peat moss or moist crumpled up papertowels and place it near the warm side of the tank, she can crawl around in it. Or you can put her in the tub she came in with a moist paper towel twice a day for about a half hour. Keep in mind in most cases they don't need any help shedding, but it definately doesn't hurt to give them some moisture.

hm.. yeh i do believe misting the cage is just fine.. are you using a tank with a screen top? if you have a screen top an are misting the cage a few times a day i'd say your doin pretty good.. my guage stays at anywhere from 45-50% with no misting at all.. but i do mist the cage a few times a day so it stays at around 60 which is ideal.. so id say your doing juss fine as you are, keep up tha good work, ha

Thank you everyone for the info. Her eyes have been blue for 2 days. I hope she sheds during the weekend so my dad can see it. I told him she was getting ready to shed today and he said, "I forgot we had a snake" sarcastically. lol He isn't home at night during the week, and she comes out at night like most corns. So he doesn't get to see her much.

hmm.. question for ya'll.. my BP starts gettin pink, dry an blue eyes atleast a week before it actually sheds an this is normal.. are corns the same way?

Mine usually go cloudy for two days or so then they go back to normal (more or less) for another two days and then shed.

hmm

Interesting. I have noted in my snakes records I keep that the average for my corns is going blue two days, clear for 4 then shedding! odd.

My Mexican Black Kingsnake took almost a week after going blue to shed last time! :)

bmm

twig normally goes 2 or 3 days after his eyes go blue! he is due 2 shed today or tomorrow actually! he is such pretty colours after he sheds will put photos up soon (so busy these days)

My corn usually goes cloudy eyes for about 3/4 days, then goes clear for about 2 days, themn finally sheds, whole process takes about a full week

Kris

My young female just shed last night... here eyes were cloudy for only a day or so.. then clear for about 4 or 5... now I've got myself a perfect 15.5" skin layin' on the desk (first shed WOOHOO!)

Back