CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 08-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #91
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
You're such a good mommy for Ruth. I'm glad she's on the mend. She looks extremely comfortable on your shoulder.
When she's out and not running around, she's perched on my shoulder I think she likes the view haha. She isn't content being carried around unless she can see everything that's going on.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #92
DollysMom
6 roaches! That's awesome. You go girl!

Great job mama, Eavlynn!

Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #93
Eavlynn
Thank you I'm trying to tempt her with some fresh gourmet collard greens seasoned with cucumber cubes. So far no luck, but that's okay. She's off to a good start already, and I think she'll gradually recover her appetite.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #94
DLena
She's a real trooper! Go Ruth!!

Old 08-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #95
DollysMom
She probably needs the protein most. I know you'll get her eating her greens again, soon. Hope you get that sample soon and that her fecal results are good.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #96
Eavlynn
I'm hoping so. If I ever need antibiotics again, I won't be going with Albon, though. I spoke with Helena who runs Doctor Dragons and she told me about Baycox. It's a 2 day dose that works just as well, if not better, and is much easier on their bodies. Why it's not commonly prescribed is beyond me. I suppose most vets like to stick with what they know.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #97
DollysMom
Maybe cost? What they stock there? I don't know. They should tell you the pros and cons and give you the choice.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #98
Eavlynn
Ruth nibbled on some greens, ate some BSFL's (phoenix worms), and a few dubia today. She then pushed out 21 more slugs. Now she looks absolutely terrible. I don't know if I'll ever get enough calcium in my little girl since she feels the need to give me infertile eggs every month. *bangs head against wall* on a positive note, she can lift herself up off the ground and walk much easier now that she isn't carrying a bunch of eggs. What a stubborn dragon.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #99
DLena
If we're looking for the positive, at least the girl is giving you slugs. Just imagine if they were viable! Every person on the forum would have to adopt one! But seriously...is there a reason why she's doing this? So you could get her to stop? So she'd build up her minerals and put on a bit more weight? She is such a little person; I want her to be well and you to not need to worry. You two are in my prayers.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #100
Eavlynn
Some females just lay slugs. It's hardwired into them to reproduce to survive. Not all do this, but I hear it's not uncommon. I'm going to try shortening her photo period and keeping her on a 12 hour through the summer, like Nanci suggested to me. But if she continues doing this, and isn't able to keep weight on and stay healthy, I'll have to take her to get fixed. I'm really hoping to avoid this, since I haven't found a vet that I trust, and don't want to put her through such an invasive procedure. She's so ridiculously thin though. It's a really tough call to make.

If she were healthy, I would totally consider breeding her. I would just have to find very special beardie parents to make sure the babies had good homes. I told my boyfriend he wasn't allowed to breed carpet pythons unless he was able to guarantee ever baby would be taken care of for their entire lives. Needless to say, we will have no baby pythons haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google