CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #51
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavlynn View Post
Displaying her discontent after the vet visit with a very VERY black beard. Poor baby. She also puffed up at every semi truck we passed. The 'tude is strong with this one.
Outstanding!

Old 07-28-2016, 01:33 AM   #52
DLena
I didn't know they could do that! She's quite impressive. I'm thrilled with the vet outcome.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:03 AM   #53
Eavlynn
She gives me dark beards when she wants something: veggies, crickets, water or outdoor time, but I've never seen her so dark! She's very good at getting her point across haha.

There's another vet that the receptionist told me about, that I'll probably take my reptiles to the next time someone needs a vet visit. He's an hour away, but lives reptiles and isn't a moron. The guy I saw was nice enough, but I didn't like the way he handled Ruth, and neither did she. I'd ask him questions, and give him my hypothesis, and he'd just say "yeah, that's about right, it's probably nothing". Seriously vet man? Do you not have opinions or a sentient mind? *sigh* why must good reptile vets be such a rare and endangered breed..

Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #54
Nanci
I love when they black beard. Someone tried to tell me that females didn't do that. Um, wrong!

Old 07-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #55
DLena
It was very cool of the receptionist to recommend another vet. I'm contacting the WNY Herp Society today to join and to ask about snake vets. It's wrong to advertise as an exotics vet and accept snakes or, in your case, a beardie, and then be inept or disinterested or even unknowledgeable. Before I had snakes, unfortunately, I had a vet that was over an hour away; Dr. Mary... She did it all from exotics to farm to regular. I'm so sorry she retired. Her business went to a real jerk.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #56
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I love when they black beard. Someone tried to tell me that females didn't do that. Um, wrong!
Definitely wrong! Whomever said that has not had a feisty or unhappy female on their hands lol. I know some morphs lack dark pigmentation, so their unhappy look is more of a dark orange and such. I think it's hilarious when Ruth turns to the dark side, but I also feel bad because I know she isn't happy about something.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #57
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
It was very cool of the receptionist to recommend another vet. I'm contacting the WNY Herp Society today to join and to ask about snake vets. It's wrong to advertise as an exotics vet and accept snakes or, in your case, a beardie, and then be inept or disinterested or even unknowledgeable. Before I had snakes, unfortunately, I had a vet that was over an hour away; Dr. Mary... She did it all from exotics to farm to regular. I'm so sorry she retired. Her business went to a real jerk.
I was thrilled that she gave me a better vet to check into. It's so incredibly difficult to find good reptile vets. I've seen 2 so far. The first gal gave it her best, and really likes reptiles, but lacks the experience. And the guy I saw yesterday was just useless. Next time I want a fecal exam dobe I'm going to mail it to Doctor Dragons. $12.50 + the shipping to get it there. I would assume they can test snakes as well! Stress free and low cost. It doesn't get much better than that!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:19 AM   #58
Zeina
This is awesome!!!

I had a beautiful baby girl beardie I named Fury- I used to work at Petsmart, and she was seizing in her enclosure- and since that wasn't " pleasing " and customers kept complaining, they were going to put her down as she wasn't selling.

I took her home instead, she had metabolic bone disease- she only grew a few inches before she passed away. She was my first bearded dragon, too. I loved her so much and I wanted her to live a happy life but she deteriorated after a year and I had to put her to sleep.
It is so heartwarming seeing someone else able to take on such an amazing animal with such a difficult disease.
I can't wait to hear more about her! Nice job!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #59
Asmodeus
So happy you got a good vet rec!! Ruth is so cute and fiery, she clearly loves being with you! Can't wait to see more updates!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:40 AM   #60
Zeina
( Hope you don't mind a picture on your thread )

This was Miss Fury (RIP)
She was this size when she passed, she doubled in size in the short time that I had her- she passed not too long after I took this picture. Her MBD just got so bad and she kept seizing, it was heartbreaking.
She was a joy to have.
I never got another one but I hope to some day- I'm so happy to see this big girl Ruth thriving and doing well on proper care!
She's so beautiful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google