CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 08-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #81
Zombiegirl
Also, UGH!! Coccidia...I am so sorry she's going through that I am sure she will get well soon with the excellent care you've provided for her

Old 08-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #82
Eavlynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
My male got incredibly ill after eating a batch of crickets my roommate brought home...ended up with a bad case of pinworms and wouldn't eat for a long time...so I honestly quit giving them crickets too...I ended up getting phoenix worms and mealworms for them which they ate with no issues.
I'll be at the Hamburg Reptile Expo helping vend and plan to keep an eye out for phoenix worms. No more crickets in this house. No matter how careful you are, the little buggers always manage to get away here and there. Roaches are the way to go. My little guy Mushu is a glutton for roaches, and Ruth enjoyed them too before the coccidia depressed her appetite.

I started cleaning woth chlorhexidine, and gave her her first round of Albon. She took the meds better than I thought she would. She put up more of a fight while I was trying to give her the veggie and roach slurry. It was a total pain in the butt to make in my bullet blender, but I trust it a lot more than commercial baby foods since I know exactly what's in it. I felt bad when I blended the roach. I don't even like them, frankly they freak me out when they are bigger, but I still felt super cruddy about it. But it's for my baby, so I'll learn to live with it haha.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #83
Zombiegirl
Mine inhaled the phoenix worms I had to order mine online as we don't get any good reptile shows our here in Idaho/Montana...

When my female was sick I got some sort of reptile care stuff at the petstore to make a slurry for her...she did ok when trying to feed it to her...she was so weak she didn't put up much of a fight though

Old 08-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #84
Eavlynn
Ruth is finally finished woth the Albon! She did really well with it. She has no appetite, bit is still full of energy. She's lost a little weight and I've switched to organic butternut squash baby food with calcium powder added. I can't get her to take very much of it, but I'm hoping it has more calories to help her keep her weight stabile. All I need her to do is get her appetite back so that we can gather another stool sample and hope for good results!

She likes to perch on the cave I put in. She's only gone inside once. It's much easier to keep clean while she recovers.

My little goober after bath time!

Old 08-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #85
DollysMom
Great pics. Your little goober only gave you a gray beard for the bath. The vet still wins the black beard contest, lol.

Seriously, I hope her appetite comes back with a vengeance soon!

Old 08-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #86
Eavlynn
That was about half way through her treatment. I think she had a grey beard almost the whole time during those 5 days haha. I think she must feel better, as her beard has been very light today.
I'm sure her appetite will be back before long. She has roaches on standby!

Old 08-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #87
DollysMom
I'm so glad her beard is light again. That's a very good sign!

Hope she's hungry for roach ala carte!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #88
DLena
You're such a good mommy for Ruth. I'm glad she's on the mend. She looks extremely comfortable on your shoulder.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:13 AM   #89
Nanci
There's a really good recipe for recovery food on BD.org. Made with chicken baby food and other things. Jump Start is also good for calories for someone who doesn't want to eat.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #90
Eavlynn
Ruth ate 6 roaches this morning I didn't expect her to eat so soon after the antibiotics, but of course, she never ceases to amaze me. With any luck well have another sample to the vet for testing by Monday and she'll be out of quarantine and running around again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google