• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery with no yellow

67temp

Recently on the podcast "from the ground up" there was a mention about a debate at a reptile show where an old timer said a snake wasn't an anery because it had yellow. I've always heard that anery's show much more yellow than charcoals do. So for you old timers... Was there ever a time when anery's didn't display yellow in the throat area when they got mature?

How old was this "old timer" and did he also work with some other species with myriad morphs to remember? We've all seen ball breeders who can name any BP morph in their collection on sight but struggle with basic corn morphs. I assume he mistook it for Charcoal. Even then, that's no longer necessarily true.

Ive never seen an adult that didn't have some, and "some" could be almost none. One of my Tequila Sunrise line anery adults had "just a touch". It was there, but you had to look.

How old was this "old timer" and did he also work with some other species with myriad morphs to remember? We've all seen ball breeders who can name any BP morph in their collection on sight but struggle with basic corn morphs. I assume he mistook it for Charcoal. Even then, that's no longer necessarily true.

It was probably just someone that had no clue what they were talking about.

I've got anery's and charcoals with varying amounts of yellow. Some of my anery's have no yellow even visible.

Speaking for all the oldtimers, don't say "never," just "usually." All my anerys over the years had some degree of yellow. But when charcoal was added to the line the yellow all but disappeared in later generations.

Recently on the podcast "from the ground up" there was a mention about a debate at a reptile show where an old timer said a snake wasn't an anery because it had yellow. I've always heard that anery's show much more yellow than charcoals do. So for you old timers... Was there ever a time when anery's didn't display yellow in the throat area when they got mature?

To answer your question, YES. I have produced some in the past. Trying to get some of my memory cells percolating to remember what line they came out of. I probably posted that info somewhere on here, but obviously it was a long time ago.

Not having much luck remembering, and can't find anything so far doing a search. But I did find this pic of an Anerythristic from someone else that sure does look like it lacks any trace of yellow. At least viewing it on my screen.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=66483&highlight=anerythristic#post66483

Back