CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Old 02-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #91
Karl_Mcknight
yup, I stretch that Kitchen Seran Wrap (spelling?) over the lid for the same purpose. It is so dry here right now (25% in the house) but I am managing to maintain 40% in the cage plus a humid hide which he's in right now.

Clyde will love his new home.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #92
DollysMom
Thanks Karl. The Saran Wrap is another good idea. Clyde may love it, but I love losing the Velcro straps even more! Give Rufus my regards.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #93
DollysMom
A short video

http://youtu.be/Jo1oSKG96bY

I couldn't get any pics today. Every time I got close, Clyde climbed on my phone.

Here he is exploring my bed. It's a short clip because I had to run around to guard him from going off the edge.

After the video he crawled through my fingers for a while.

His color is still really golden brown since his last shed.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #94
Karl_Mcknight
rut row..... the video appears to be missing.

By the way, there's a show that comes on TV now and then called "Snake City." It's these guys in Africa that get called to eradicate or rescue wild snakes that get into people's houses, yards, etc.....

Well a few minutes ago they rescued a wild House Snake from a guys garage. It looked just like Clyde! And even though it was a wild snake, didn't even bite them. It was very sweet.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #95
DollysMom
Thanks Karl. It shows for me as an embed on my iPad, but I added a link below as an alternative. Good to know that the embed doesn't work for everyone.

I'll have to look for Snake City. I love seeing anything snake but especially corn and house snake. Yeah, Clyde's never tried to bite me though he strikes his pinkies with a vengeance. Another data point against "cage aggression" because I've always fed Clyde in his viv.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #96
Karl_Mcknight
He's fast. I like the way he moves. He'd probably be hard to keep up with if he took off. Wonder if anyone has ever tried "Snake Racing?"

In my area we have Comcast Cable, and the "Snake City" show comes on the Wildlife Channel (WILDH). I think it's part of the National Geographic / Discovery Channel packages.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:25 PM   #97
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
He's fast. I like the way he moves. He'd probably be hard to keep up with if he took off. Wonder if anyone has ever tried "Snake Racing?"
Oh yes, he can be very fast! I don't take my eyes off of Clyde when he's out. That's also why I always have some greenery and or/hides on the bed. I want him to have a place to stop feel more secure. He sure blew right past the fake leaves this time.

Quote:
In my area we have Comcast Cable, and the "Snake City" show comes on the Wildlife Channel (WILDH). I think it's part of the National Geographic / Discovery Channel packages.
I found it. I have all future episodes set to record, and all the reruns I can find, too. It's on NatGeo Wild for me. We have it, I just never noticed the show.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:28 AM   #98
kdickens
Karl, thanks for the 'heads up' about Snake City. I'd never seen it before. (I've seen a couple episodes of Snake Bytes though) I 'searched' Snake City on the website 'Mopvideo.com' and found several episodes. If you've never used 'Mopvideo' it's free. There are many 'channels' to pick from although they may not all work. You just have to keep trying till you find one. I used 'shared.SX' this morning (I work 12-8am) and I saw "Into the snake pit" where he climbs down this small tunnel to get a python out. He and the camera man went down to get him out. Seems the snake had been eating the farmer's chickens. Let me tell ya, I'm not climbing down a hole to drag out a python!

Old 03-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #99
DollysMom
Sunday night dinner

Nom, nom, nom.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #100
Karl_Mcknight
He's a cutie. All of our children are eating today.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google