CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

DAYTONA 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #131
ArpeggioAngel
So far I have two people who have confirmed rooms with me for Daytona weekend. Anyone else?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #132
maegann
I live, 30 minutes away, so I dont need a room =p

Old 05-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #133
carol
So I'm looking at flights and car rentals, and wow, when did car rental get sooooo expensive?

I'm looking at a red eye that gets me to Orlando around 9am Thursday morning, and I'd be leaving on Tuesday after the show around 2pm. There is a shuttle that goes from Orlando Airport to Daytona Airport for $30. My flight comes in too early for the Snake lovers Shuttle... I will probably just end up taking a taxi to drop off my luggage at the hotel and then just check out Daytona beach for the day.

Robbie are any taxi companies that I should avoid when I call to see how much it would be to be taken from Daytona airport, to the hotel, then dropped off near the beach? Unless there is anyone who's driving that wants to hang out on Thursday...

And the second question I was wondering if there is anyone that plans to stay at the homewood suites that will be vending at Daytona. I have not made up my mind if I am going to vend or not. But if I did it would be great to know if there are any other vendors with room to ride share on Friday, Sat, and Sun. (I'd pitch in of course)

Is anyone else going to still be around on Monday?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #134
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol View Post
Robbie are any taxi companies that I should avoid when I call to see how much it would be to be taken from Daytona airport, to the hotel, then dropped off near the beach? Unless there is anyone who's driving that wants to hang out on Thursday...
Actually, the Snake Lovers Shuttle times have been... shall we say... extended? Silly me didn't look at the start and end date on my classes. My last day of class is going to be 08/16, and my next classes don't start until 08/30. SO, Shuttle Service will be provided on a first come, first served basis. To schedule times, send me a PM! Or an e-mail. Better yet, just give me a call.

As far as taxi companies go, I'd avoid anything with yellow cars. They drive like maniacs. (Katie, I can already hear you getting ready to say something!)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #135
Nanci
Carol, if you're going to arrive Thursday, I'll plan on going Thursday, too. They let me check in early last year. Like 10:00 or so...How will you get your snakes there if you vend??

Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #136
kathylove
Hi Carol,

We will probably take the one bedroom suite like last year, and get a roomie to share expenses. If you want to take the living room bed and split 3 ways, that would be great! We will be asking for a non smoking room.

We will go on Thur. and leave Sun, and will be vending. We will have a minivan, so transportation to and from the expo is not a problem.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #137
carol
Wow you guys are so awesome!

Nanci~ I'd love to spend Thursday with you! I can take the shuttle, and you could pick me up at Daytona airport, we can check in early, and then go play! (Unless Orlando is on your way) If that doesn't work out, then maybe I could make arrangements for a Robbie shuttle. Just let me know.

If I did vend, I'd probably have to ask a local volunteer (or paid in snakes) to receive them on Tuesday. Either that or delta dash them to the same airport I am going to.

Kathy~ Wow that is a super offer as well. I have made casual plans to share a room with others but I will look into how solid that is. (And I'm a non-smoker) But I would love to pitch in and ride share to the show. I'm going to look into getting a table. Do you have to get a Florida seller's permit?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #138
RobbiesCornField
I volunteer to be the shipping recipient!

That also goes for anyone else requiring a shipping recipient for snakes.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #139
ratsncorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I volunteer to be the shipping recipient!
LOL I knew it!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #140
carol
You are all super awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google