CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

When everyone else has eggs hatching....

Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
MysticExotics
When everyone else has eggs hatching....

I have eggs that are just now being laid. Right now, as we speak!!

I have two Cornsnake pairings that I have tried for two years.
One pairing is my 2nd generation Miami x Tessera project, & the other is a Coral Snow female X Tessera het Cayenne fire male (who looks homo Cayenne Fire, IMO)-produced by John F of Colorado Corns.
Last year, I was not as good about the timing of my pairings, & so I was not surprised when I didn't get viable eggs.
This year, I was more "scheduled" about my pairings, but no eggs. No slugs or viable eggs. I kept the lay bins in, just in case.
I thought Murphy was dishing out bad karma for me or something.
Anyhow, so today I was showing my snakes to a friend, & opened my Coral Snow female's bin, to find her in the process of laying eggs! Big fat eggs!
I am pretty sure I saw two good eggs underneath & the top two looked like they were possible slugs, due to their yellowish color, but they were big & fat, so who knows? She's still in the process of laying, so I will wait til morning to see the egg count.

Two years ago, I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, & paired him with one of my Miami females. We were shocked at how awesome the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out! I held back one male Miami Tessera, to pair up with my LBR Top Shelf Miami from Carol. So far, no eggs from her, but it is her first year, as well as the males first year.

Cinaed, the Het Cayenne Fire Tessera male that I am so grateful to John F for allowing him to come stay with me, is a first time breeder, so I wasn't sure if I would luck out.
My plan is if I get at least one male Tessera from this pairing, I will hold him back & pair him back to the Coral Snow dam, as well as one of her female offspring that I have, to see if I can create pink-ish Tessera babies.

I'm REALLY excited to see what the Red Factor does to these babies.

If I don't hit the odds this year, I will try again next year.

Now the waiting begins.....

Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
MysticExotics
It looks like the eggs I thought were slugs, because they were yellow-ish, were actually fresh laid eggs. It appears there are at least 11 fertile eggs, from what I can tell!

Here's hoping that I have at least one good male Tessera out of this clutch!

Edit to add: I will likely hold back the Tessera's for a while, to see how they color up.
Cinaed, the sire, looked mostly like a "normal" Tessera when he was a baby.

Here's baby pics & a current pic.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Christen
I am going to be on the lookout for updates on this one.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
MysticExotics
I'll be sure to post updates.
Of course, the waiting is the hardest part! LOL

Old 07-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
MysticExotics
I count 19 so far, one is possibly a slug.
After getting the eggs set up in an incubator bin, I looked at the dam & she looks like she has 2-3 more.
I'll check in the morning.
18 of the eggs look very good!!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
HVani
Wow! Those babies are amazing! I look forward to more pictures

Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Christen
Wow Mom did a great job. That is amazing that she had so many eggs.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
screamindemon17
Awesome and congrats .. I would love to see a coral tess baby

Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
Nanci
Great! Nothing like keeping a secret, Mom!!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Buzzard
Congratz.....

Buzz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google