• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Behavior?

pumkinhead

We have a baby candy cane corn and it keeps opening its mouth and like clicking its jaws. Is that normal behavior,or he getting ready to shed or what ? Can someone tell us please. He eats 2 pinkys every week and seems very healthy. What do I do? Thanks!!

Well mine occasionally opens his mouth in a "yawn" usually after swallowing a pinkie, but I've never heard a clicking noise or anything and very rarely opens his mouth at other times.

Sounds like (POSSIBLY, but I'm NOT an expert!) a respiratory infection...but I'm sure someone with more experience with RI's can help you out.

popping sound

i'm no expert either, and this example may prove so, but when i first started collecting snakes i started off with a baby ball python. the retarded pet store lady told me that he would look beautiful on white sand. well, within two weeks i was hearing a popping sound coming from its mouth. when i started seeing white bubbles around his mouth i took him to the vet. the vet gave him some medicine and told me to get a new substrate. i did, and he got better. so, it's possible that what iris said may be true. may be a respiratory infection. couldn't hurt to check that out.

If he is opening his jaws like that after feeding then it is quite possible he is just re-aligning his jaws after separating them to eat.

May not be the best answer, but its a thought.

Don't worry

Hi there, don't worry about the clicking sound, it normal the snkake is trying to put its jaw back into place...:) Tigerlou

HMMM some people think that it might be a normal thing for the popping sound... but none of my corns make a popping sound when they open their mouths... I would guess that it might be RI just to be safe I would bring it to the vet. like grafx said that it could be the substrate... I would recommend aspen...

My 2 cents worth

can't say I've noticed mine making a popping sound when they are putting their jaw's right, might be worthwhile getting it checked by a vet.

thanks

:cool: thanks for all the info and help.I found out that he was getting ready for sheddind :) now he's had a pinky and doing FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back