CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Cornsnake personalities

Old 06-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
Kilojara16
Cornsnake personalities

What kind of different personalities do you guys encounter in your corns?

Old 06-08-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Alicia
I have only 17 corns but I have found that they are all individuals. Each of them has things they seem to like or dislike. One thing they all agree on is feeding time I have one that some have referred to as mean I say she is spirited , she is my hypo okeetee and her name is Pistol. My daughter was helping me clean cages and Pistol bit her 3 times while she was sifting thru the aspen. My daughter thought it was funny All of my other corns are very sweet tempered and tolorate handleing well. Some are scared of every little thing and some are never scared. My ghost, Spooky was scared of everything but with gentle handleing she calmed down. I love all my corns and enjoy their differences. I have noticed from reading all the posts on this forum that corn snakes have varied personalities which are enjoyed by the people who keep them

Alicia

Old 06-08-2002, 09:56 PM   #3
Celeste
every1isdiff

ive only "met" 7 corns and every 1 was different. my own corn is the calmest, most docile thing on this planet(shes like a gardenhose when u pic her up) and 2 of the others ive seen were very defensive and reared bac their heads just when u tried to hold them. each has his/her own unique personality, but corn snakes are as a rule usually very sweet tempered.

Old 06-09-2002, 12:12 AM   #4
nova
I have owned 3. my first albino bit every time i put my hand in and still does to this day, but once i have her out she is fine. My other snow was good but she died 2 days after i got her, she was really sick. And my new snow who is mia was the best snake ever i could pick her up handle her for hours and shed be fine. She always moved unless i had her held straight so i could measure her. I miss her

Old 06-09-2002, 04:24 AM   #5
reaper
hi
my carolina corn reaper is very good temperd and handles realy well i normaly leave his viv open and he will come out and come straight to me he does not seem to like going to anybody apart from me.

I have just got a snow corn called devil and he seems to handle ok as well but its hard to say what he is realy like only had him a day.

what to get next lol

Old 06-09-2002, 04:42 AM   #6
Simon
I have 19 corns right now, 15 in London Ontario and then 4 in Vancouver.

All of them with different personalities. All but one of them is tame and doesn't bite. The only one that still bites me right now is my little milk snake phase corn snake (female) I have no idea why she is still like that after a month of handinlg.....but I will never give up....I'll tame her someday....hahahah

Others, some are shy, some like to go on an adcenture and crawl all over, some like to get back into it's tank once it's been taken out, some like to stay out side, some just knows what to do at different occations (like one of my candy cane will crawl back into it's tank on it's own after it finishes it's meal. Just a side note....I feed outside the tank.

Good Luck and Hope that you'll find all the fun in keeping corn snakes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google