CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Blue-eyed leucistic monocled cobra

Old 10-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
BLKfly
Blue-eyed leucistic monocled cobra

Here's our new little buddy Lucian!! Aka "death noodle". We got him off a friend a couple months ago, and he's doing awesome. Can't wait to see this little guy grow up, though the baby hood is quite adorable.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
blacktip
Beautiful snake. I have to admit you are a much braver soul than I am. I could never trust myself to own or handle any hots.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
BLKfly
Thank you! He's a pretty cool little guy. They are a lot easier to keep than you think. Stuck sheds just suck to get off lol.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
BLKfly
Just a little update on our buddy here, unfortunately he had a bad shed. Luckily for me, he behaved enough to let me help him out with getting his shed off, but afterwards he had to hood up too remind me that he's tough and doesn't need any help lol; so ungrateful. His white is coming in nicely now, and he is up to 116g.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Nanci
Very cute! How did you deal with the stuck shed?

Old 02-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
BLKfly
I have a special hook I made, it has a V-shape in the middle. So I can place it above his head, and teeter it side to side, depending on which way he turns. This way he cannot turn around quickly, also I leave 1/3 of his body on the ground. It gives him enough traction to feel like he can get away rather than turn towards me and defend himself. The black rubber glove in there, I wet it down and slide it over the hook, he usually can get any skin off near his head after he bends around the hook trying to get a grip. It is still very nerve racking though lol, but you have to keep calm and I never take my eyes off of where his head is at. It's a lot easier now he's a little bigger, when he would get shed stuck to his tail as a little guy.... It sucked because he was so tiny, and very flighty. He's much more mellow, well as far as cobra's go.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
Nanci
Would he go in a humid hide, do you think, especially with moss in it???

Old 02-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
BLKfly
Yep, he has a hide with wet moss in it. We put a hook on top to remove it safely. He likes being sprayed with water, it's actually quite funny lol. It's just so dry in here because of winter and his temperature is set at 87" so it dries out pretty quickly. This is the first bad shed he has had, usually it's just his tail. I'm in the process of carving him a nice rock enclosure, probably going to put a mister in there for him.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #9
BLKfly
Few updates regarding Lucian, he's getting very big; quickly. Decided to just get him a vision cage, and a girl friend. They are both doing great, can't wait until the female monocle (Sonja) gets a little bigger, so we can put her into her new vision cage too.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #10
Nanci
So pretty!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google