• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Carpet Pythons

Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.

Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.

Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.

Thank you!! I'd say go for the Carpet Pythons, but I'm biased. Boas do nothing for me.
I'm not a fan of any of the bigger snakes, actually. Carpets are the biggest I'll own.

For temperment, almost all babies tend to be bitey, in general, with the exception of Inlands. Jungles tend to be more snarky even as adults, especially Zebras.
Coastal can go either way. Tiger Coastals tend to be bitey.
IJ's tend to mellow out with age, & they stay smaller of the Carpets.

My absolute favorites are Inlands & Granite IJ's.

Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.

Hehe...yeah, I am kinda responsible for your Morelia addiction, huh?

An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.

An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.
I love, love, love my Inlands!
The first one is my wee one from Justin Julander, the other three are a 1.2 from Nick Mutton.

They have a fabulous temperment! I love their coloring too.

Attachments

• 002jeir.jpg
    002jeir.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 013finniss.jpg
    013finniss.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 015torrens.jpg
    015torrens.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 017naas.jpg
    017naas.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 25
Here's a few more pics of of of my Morelia

Attachments

• 006minj.jpg
    006minj.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 016riabhan.jpg
    016riabhan.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 35
  • 016alice.jpg
    016alice.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 010graffiti.jpg
    010graffiti.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 35
  • 012b.jpg
    012b.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
I use Animal Plastics. It was between them and Constrictors NW. I chose AP because of the sliding door option. Constrictors NW only has the drop down doors.
The downside to AP is it takes a long time to get them.
Most of my Carpets are still young, so I don't have all of my cages, but I'm working on getting them before they need the full size.

I use Animal Plastics. It was between them and Constrictors NW. I chose AP because of the sliding door option. Constrictors NW only has the drop down doors.
The downside to AP is it takes a long time to get them.
Most of my Carpets are still young, so I don't have all of my cages, but I'm working on getting them before they need the full size.
Thank you!! I think Nanci likes AP too. What size do you recommend?

Thank you!! I think Nanci likes AP too. What size do you recommend?

Sorry that I missed this.
It depends on what kind of Carpet Python you are getting.
The smaller ones, like IJ's and Inlands are ok in the AP Carpet cage (3ft x 2ft x15") and the larger ones the T10's are better. Same dimentions except 4ft long.
Some people use the 12" tall cages, I like the added height and use 15" tall cages.

4x2x16" PVCs with scorched perches work wonders for adult carpets! Never tried AP cages but I've heard good things!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm working on outfitting my whole snake room in AP racks and cages.
Most of my AP cages will have the built in shelves. They seem to really like the shelves.

Thank you Tye! The Bredl's have become favorites of mine. They have amazing temperments and are so pretty! I have four (an Affor's pair, and a poss het Stonewashed pair).

Last edited:
Back