• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Okay! I weighed him today ... drum roll please ... 15 g! So, I'm thinking of the next feeding maybe 2 small pinkies? He should be shedding soon, although I can't tell by his eyes so much. He looks really 'pale' and his last shed was Oct 18th. Not sure if by the next feeding he'll eat or not!

That's awesome! He's coming right along.

Remember that Cleo was 14 grams when I got her. She dropped to 13 grams and then it took her about 3 more weeks to get her to 15 grams. It's only now that she seems to be starting a little spurt. I've had weeks where she gained nothing.

I agree that Loopy is due for a shed and that the paleness is a tip off. If so, you might offer only one pinky until after the shed due to increased regurge risk. I don't feed at all in shed for that reason.

Cleo sends Loopy her best!

Even though these aren't the very best pics, I love this girl so much and wanted to update.

Cleo ate a 4 gram pinky the night before last. She's up to 23 grams. She still likes to eat in a darker room and she still usually starts at the back end of the mouse. I put the pinky in for her really wet because she likes to lap up the water drips before and after swallowing.

oPnvSnil.jpg

Sorry this one's kind of dark, too; but I was just checking on her in her warm hide and didn't want to disturb her with extra light. Maybe tomorrow I can get some action shots!

oGAMaszl.jpg

I love that 4th picture!

So do I. Of course she thought the felt ornament was a nifty new hide and was beyond cute exploring it!

Very nice pics and cute x-mas Cleo. Her colors are very clear in them. Cleo's gonna be a stunner!

Thanks. I totally agree. :D

It was fun. I definitely need to take more pics with props. Watching her interact with that ornament was a blast.

Interesting Christmas pictures with Cleo. I was thinking about doing something similar. Maybe set up a miniature Tree with miniature presents around it and then have Rufus slither between the presents. But then I also considered decorating "His House" with those little colored Christmas lights. LOL. He'd probably think I was crazy for sure.

I knew I recognized your snake today on Facebook! (random right?) LOL I love that group I am in a couple and there are snakes blowing up my feed all day... Definitely recognized that little gem :D

Interesting Christmas pictures with Cleo. I was thinking about doing something similar. Maybe set up a miniature Tree with miniature presents around it and then have Rufus slither between the presents. But then I also considered decorating "His House" with those little colored Christmas lights. LOL. He'd probably think I was crazy for sure.

She sure had fun with it. To her it was just a new kind of hide to explore. I'm sure Rufus would have a great time with your idea! Cleo sends cheers to her friend Rufus.

I think her and Bella may be long lost sisters lol they look so alike to me but I guess it's hard to tell with pictures

Nicole

Aw thanks. Cleo takes that as quite a complement! Bella is definitely a special friend and of course there's a resemblance. Greetings to Tessa as well.

I knew I recognized your snake today on Facebook! (random right?) LOL I love that group I am in a couple and there are snakes blowing up my feed all day... Definitely recognized that little gem :D

Cleo really appreciates "gem" status! She knows it, little diva that she is, but still loves to hear it. She sends her best to her friend Zelda.

Yes, I posted pics from this shoot in about 5 FB snake groups. I have not done that before, but this is baby's first Christmas, so....

FB is a whole lot better when the feed blows up with snake pics, that's for sure. You do get to recognize snakes and correlate names after a while, especially on the cornsnakes.com group.

I saw that post too and messaged her! :) Small world.

Back