CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Notice the head on this guy........

Old 07-24-2002, 02:38 AM   #1
Rich Z
Notice the head on this guy........

Some turn out this way. I get enough of them to suspect it may be a genetic trait, but I just haven't chased that rabbit down the hole yet. Kind of opens up the interesting possibility that we can control the coloration of the head and body separately.

Old 07-24-2002, 02:44 AM   #2
SilverTongue
that is AWESOME! You think it might be piebald??? Have you had any like this before??

Old 07-24-2002, 03:25 AM   #3
Simon
What morph is this? Very orange in color......
if it's a trait what will you be calling it...

Old 07-24-2002, 10:01 AM   #4
Rich Z
That is an Amelanistic Motley. I get these light headed creatures from my Butter Motley project in all of the phases. Caramels and normals have a gray head, Butters have a pale yellow, almost white head. And as you can see, Amels have a pinkish white head. It's not as noticeable in the adults, however. But probably with selective breeding the difference can be made more pronounced. I've sold off a bunch of these over the years, so they are out there. Most people have never even noticed it or I just got a ho-hum attitude when I pointed it out, so I stopped thinking about it.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
HomeBreeder
not the best shot, but...

I presume my Mary Jane came from this line (Rich mentioned the light head when he sold her to me

It's not the best shot for head detail, but you can see she does have a light head if you check the pic I posted of her yesterday in the gallery (which is also on imagestation.com under username HerpUtopia) for a comparrison from the butter progeny.

^Curtis

Old 07-24-2002, 06:56 PM   #6
kenalotia
My anery has a light colored head. You can barely see the traces of his head pattern; his whole head is pretty gray.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
CrazyCorn
hows this one doing?

Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #8
Chip
Lightbulb light head

Rich:
I have a motley sunglow (which came out more like a regular amel) with the same thing. REALLY light head. I kept it because it's a female, but would love to cross her with a male with similar trait. She was a first cluth 2002 and has been double fed, but still will need a year. If you are interested in a different bloodline with this trait, please contact me.
Chip

Old 02-11-2003, 02:04 AM   #9
Rich Z
Thanks, but I have gotten ZERO interest in anyone from this trait. So I don't even hold back my own animals with this lighter head effect.

Thanks for offering, though.

Old 02-11-2003, 04:37 AM   #10
CornCrazy
I was wondering...

about all of this. One of the butters het motley that I received from Rich is like this. I've been really curious as to if it will stay that way. It's really neat looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google