CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Surplus Adults page has been updated!

Old 11-22-2002, 10:34 PM   #11
Rich Z
I hope you realize, that those aren't ALL the adults I have marked for surplus. When I get time to grab up the camera again, I'll be adding to that page.

But please, do not ask me what else I have available. There are some racks that I haven't even looked through yet with the surplus markers (green stickon dots) in hand.

Thanks.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:52 PM   #12
Kat
If there's another normal het for both amel and bloodred, can I have dibs?

Old 11-23-2002, 01:40 AM   #13
Simon
LOL....hey Rich
If you have an adult amel bloodred for sale I might be interested if the price is not too high...I am so looking to get these........

Please let me know if you have these up for sale.

Also I send you a pm....please reply when you have time. Thanks~

Old 11-23-2002, 11:59 AM   #14
Gregg
Sorry Kevin.

You too, Kat.

I took 96949 because I have a 1.0 normal, het ghost & lavender
and another 1.0 normal, het amel, motley & lavender. My curiousity as to "what would happen if" got the best of me.

Besides, Carol wanted that snake also, since she has a 1.0 Hypomelanistic Lavender. She could use this girl for one of her projects next year and be able to get an early start. So, you see, I really didn't have a choice. The Northern California Corn Growers Co-Operative would have had my ass on the hot seat if I didn't buy that girl. (That's a joke folks.)

Don't worry too much about losing her. If my math is correct, she's was not that good of a producer. To quote Rich: "15 eggs and one slug in 2002. Double clutched." That would mean she only produced aproximately 8 eggs in each clutch. That might be on the low end of the reproduction spectrum for a 1996 baby, but I wouldn't know; I'm just guessing.

Old 11-23-2002, 02:21 PM   #15
Rich Z
Gregg - no, the number of eggs in the second clutch was not included in that total. The egg count was only from the first clutch.

Basically I don't even pay attention to double clutches. I don't purposely do it, so many times the eggs will be found dried up in a corner. Those that are viable, I just throw in large sweater boxes filled with vermiculite. Whatever hatches, hatches. But I call thos boxes my 'Fungus Farms', since many of those eggs will go bad anyway and some of the oddest looking moulds and fungi you can imagine turns up in those things.

Old 11-23-2002, 02:39 PM   #16
Gregg
Thumbs up Good!

I'm glad that got cleared up.

I can barely wait until Tuesday. I'll give the old girl a good home.

Old 11-24-2002, 05:37 PM   #17
Rich Z
OK, about half of the animals have been sold off of the surplus page. Thanks for the response all you that have earmarked some for your own.

The way I am handling the page is to just remove the entry one the animal is spoken for. Any other way I would do it, without tedious editing of the file, would run the risk of someone else accidentally placing an order for an animal already sold.

Going to be a busy day tomorrow shipping all of those critters out.

Thanks.

Old 11-25-2002, 01:50 AM   #18
Gregg
Hey Rich,

Word on the street has it that you have put all these Surplus Adults into brumation already. Is that true? If it is, when were you going to tell us? I was assuming that I would be putting the one I bought into brumation--or not.

If the snake has put brumating, then would you please be considerate enough to let us know when it occurred?

Thanks

Old 11-25-2002, 03:42 AM   #19
Rich Z
I'm glad the 'street' is talking about my surplus adults. But you know, Gregg, you don't even have to put your ear to the road to hear this. It's posted on my Surplus List at the top. I don't remember exactly when I put that in there, but I admit it was an afterthought. Temps in one of the rooms is right at 56 degrees right now and has been that way since around the 10th of this month.

If you'll take a look at the calendar, you will probably see that it is late November. I was under the impression that most people brumate their corn snakes, and probably do so this time of year.

I'm sorry, but if it was or is important to you, I think your asking would have been in order, don't you? You're acting like I'm trying to pull some kind of fast one over on you. I hope it doesn't come as any surprise to people that I do chill my breeders down each and every year at pretty much on schedule. Been doing it that way for the last 10 years. Prior to the Orlando Expo starting up in '90 or so, I used to cool them down later.

If it puts a crimp in your plans, let me know by early Monday afternoon that you want to cancel the order and I'll refund your money and relist that animal. Otherwise it will be boxed up and shipped as previously planned.

Old 11-25-2002, 11:39 AM   #20
Gregg
I looked, but I didn't see such a thing.

I must have missed it.

Anyway, I don't appreciate your patronizing attitude. I'm well aware of the calender date. Temps here in Northern California are in the 70's during the day. I wasn't set on brumating any of my snakes until the middle of December. I don't think anyone here has started brumating their snakes either. The ones I know haven't.

As a businessman, I thought you would have had the common courtesy to inform buyers, just on the off chance that they were not at the point of brumating their snakes. Your way is not the only way, you know. It is apparent to me that it wouldn't and doesn't matter you in the least if a snake is received by a buyer and then taken out of brumation by accident because of a different climate, or for any other reason.

Sure, just push all this responsibility off onto the buyer. It's the buyer's fault for not knowing what you do with your snakes and when. Why would you think it was NOT important for me? Or anyone else, for that matter? Sure, you put something up on the Surlus Adults page, but I didn't notice it. It's possible that I may not have been the only one who hadn't noticed it.

Knowing this won't put a crimp in my plans. I can adjust. I am really pissed however, since I made a simple mistake and then asked a simple question, and like with other questions I've asked in the past, you've answered in a very negative, condescending manner.

Some busnessman.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google