CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Tank Temperatures

Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
officerhoffman
Tank Temperatures

I took some temperatures of my tank, I used a Pyrex Probe Digital thermometer.

here is a chart of the tank temp's

I have a 20 L tank (30X12) with an under tank heater. The Hide is in the center of the tank the water is on the opposite side of the heater.

if room temp is at 75 - 80 should I just unplug the heater?
I live in Arizona it's still hot it .. the A/C will kick on today, it's supposed to get up to 92.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Wis_fishing_guy
Those temps are two hot!!!You want your warm side 80-85 and the cool side 70-75.Its pretty easy to get your temps down.Just get your self a rheostat.You can buy one from pet store for about $20 or build one for under $8.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ighlight=build

Old 10-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Sanebedlam
You also should really look at getting a few more hides. Even if they are just like TP Rolls or something of that nature. i jut put a papertowel roll in for my adult he thought it was pretty cool.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Hawkin'
Just get a thermostat or reostat as already mentioned to keep the temps at the proper level.You may want to get another hide and put one at the hot end(over the heater) and one at the cool end. I'm also curious about the temps 3.73 inches to the left of the water dish.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
officerhoffman
Just Picked Up One Of These On eBay Instead.
I'm sure I could make my own but... I'm just going to buy one of 'em.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
officerhoffman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkin'
I'm also curious about the temps 3.73 inches to the left of the water dish.

LOL, I'm a bit anal-retentive.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Hawkin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by officerhoffman
LOL, I'm a bit anal-retentive.
Just joking around with ya! I keep feeding and weight charts for my birds.Just shows your trying to do it the right way.Good luck.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
officerhoffman
Here's a photo of the tank setup.

I've moved the "tree" to the left side of the tank over by the heater sense this photo was taken. I'm also not to crazy about the quality of this tank.. the deal was glued on wrong and now it's all bowed in the front.. it doesn't appear to be a problem for the lid though, it fits all nice and snug.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Lennycorn
After seeing the tank I too think you need to add some decor. I mean, that way you have a glass tank right??
The temps are on the warm side too. 97 degrees is good for IR issues but that all.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
v_various
everyone's given great advice, I just wanted to say nice effort on that chart there.

I love diagrams.
: D

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google