• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

09' Lavender Corn Progression

MyCrazyManny

here are some pics from today when i got my little gurl home

4114161574_11942d93e5_b.jpg

4114162018_da3eb04056_b.jpg

she was acting hungry so i decided to feed her and here is a video she loved it.

Wow, she's lovely! I love Lavenders! Congrats on your new baby!

On a side note, and I could be mistaken, but I believe it's recommended to not feed your snake on the aspen bedding, as a piece could become stuck to the pinky and cause an impaction during digestion. If you must feed in the tank, I would advise placing down some paper towel and feeding on that, instead. :}

Very precious! I just love their eyes.

And Jessica is right about the aspen. Taking them out of the tank is best, but if your corn is like both of mine, they refuse to eat outside of the tank. Paper towels work great, and I think it's also a great way of changing up the environment just enough so that they don't just associate a hand going in the tank as feeding time.

Wow, she's lovely! I love Lavenders! Congrats on your new baby!

On a side note, and I could be mistaken, but I believe it's recommended to not feed your snake on the aspen bedding, as a piece could become stuck to the pinky and cause an impaction during digestion. If you must feed in the tank, I would advise placing down some paper towel and feeding on that, instead. :}

I agree

Otherwise, Nice Lav!! :)

well she digested and passed her food sometime last night i was wondering how long should i wait before i feed again?? the breeder said i should be able to feed two times a week i was gonna go every four days but i want to give her the chance to get her body fluids back up so how many days after passing should i wait to feed again??

well she digested and passed her food sometime last night i was wondering how long should i wait before i feed again?? the breeder said i should be able to feed two times a week i was gonna go every four days but i want to give her the chance to get her body fluids back up so how many days after passing should i wait to feed again??
5-7 days for hatchlings is the general guideline, but it depends on the individual snake. Some won't take food every 5 days, and other might be in shed, etc. I would say offer it on the 5th day and if she doesn't take it, try again the 7th.

4-5 days is standard for hatchlings. 7 days would be edging more towards a maintenance diet.

well cassandra has been quite the great snake she will let me hold her for a while just letting her wander around on my hands I even place her on my bed and she just explores im so glad i got her she is a great little girl

Well i think Cassandra is going into her first shed with me her eyes are a cloudy color. i do have a couple of questions. would her getting ready to shed cause her to regurg.?? also what should i keep my humidity at while she is trying to shed??

No, just beginning the shed process shouldn't cause her to regurge. I've fed several different snakes right before going into blue and while in blue with no issues. And I keep my humidity stays at 50% all the time. I may occasionally spray the tail, but generally don't need any supplement moisture. :}

If you must feed in the tank, I would advise placing down some paper towel and feeding on that, instead. :}

I'd be very careful about paper towel. Unless you watch the whole time, I wouldn't use it at all. I can tell you from experience that once they accidentally ingest a paper towel because it's stuck to a mouse, that causes a much bigger impaction than a little bit of aspen. ;)

I did that once when I was just up from surgery and needed to feed hatchlings. It required a vet visit and metamucil force feedings. The paper towel piece was eventually regurged, which was lucky. People have had their snakes die from similar incidents.

I'd be very careful about paper towel. Unless you watch the whole time, I wouldn't use it at all. I can tell you from experience that once they accidentally ingest a paper towel because it's stuck to a mouse, that causes a much bigger impaction than a little bit of aspen. ;)

I did that once when I was just up from surgery and needed to feed hatchlings. It required a vet visit and metamucil force feedings. The paper towel piece was eventually regurged, which was lucky. People have had their snakes die from similar incidents.

Oh, believe me. I personally don't do it. Everyone gets fed in separate containers. I just know some other people that do it and didn't want to offend. :}

i watch the whole time to make sure she does get anything caught i think it was cause i was moving things around the other day i think thats what caused the regurg. i just wanted to see if maybe it was her going into blue

I feed my adults in viv and don't worry about the aspen. I feed the really little ones in a separate container, and I feed the medium ones in viv but with the mouse served in a plastic container. It was a really little one I had a paper towel impaction with, and she only got a paper towel fragment, as that's all I had used, but I know someone who had a boa that got an entire paper towel and died.

Have you treated her for the regurge? Do you know what to do? I've had three snakes regurge for no apparent reason other than they were going blue at the time of feeding. I feel feeding four days apart, especially now with a snake that has regurged, is too close together. If you give the snake three days to digest, when do you even get to handle it???

im going to start feeding her farther apart i have not fed her sence her regurg i figured i would give her a few days to settle down then try feeding her just the head of the pinky to make sure she keeps that down and then feed her again in 7 days the body with slices in it to help digestion

You need to wait ten days after the regurge before the first feeding. A pinky head is a good plan. After that, for a baby, I like to go to half a pink, cut in half lengthwise while frozen, for the next two meals. Then if all is going well, a pink cut into thirds, feed all three thirds. If you can get Nutribac (from Kathy Love, http://www.cornutopia.com) that is very, very helpful. You just thickly dust the mouse parts with it before feeding. (Then you need to gently rinse the snake off under room temp water before putting them back because it _is_ very sticky, and don't worry about a repeat regurge from the little rinse, that has never happened to me over hundreds of feeding). The Nutribac is reptile-specific probiotics- the good bacteria that help digestion.

well Cassandra had her first shed with me and it was successful she only had one little piece stuck on the end but i just let her slither through my finger tips and it came right off. she looks so shiny and almost looks darker.

Back