CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Don Soderberg's Palmetto

Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
anthony hosek
the numbers are so limited I jumped at the chance to get mine

Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #32
Destarte
Ahhh... Another one announces his purchase! Maybe I'll take out a title loan on my car! Good idea with the double viv!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #33
Pasodama
Thanks, everyone, for the early congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
I did mean in general, but if I can't have one I am glad you can! Congrats. I hope you will be posting lots of pics when you get her.
Thanks Jen.
I will be sure to post pics. Might even make a progression thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyMedusa7 View Post
Pasodama> I bet you are ready for it to be 2012 already!
Oh yes! I am so looking forward to 2012.
Told my hubby that she will have to have the very best of the best and, of course, taking the greatest care against any possible escape.

Luckily, escapes are exceptionally rare here. Have only lost two snakes, out of hundreds, in the years that I have had them. Both were babies at the time. One was years ago, from a tank (someone forgot to latch it), and another had jumped out of a guest's hand and, immediately, zipped right under perhaps the only crack, of a floorboard, at that location.
Having said that, I am "knocking on wood". LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony hosek View Post
the numbers are so limited I jumped at the chance to get mine
Another person who is getting one...That is awesome! An early congrats to you too!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #34
TalonaCat
This is one of those morphs that I can literally stare at for awhile...and be content. This is on my list of high end snakes that I would like to own one day.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #35
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I did (pre-paid).
Due to being a Palmetto ... and the <gulp!> price (lol), .... she will, most assuredly, be treated like a Queen around here!
That's great that you will be getting a Palmetto!......congrats!

Jim Godfrey was telling me how nervous he was keeping the male at his house and breeding it to some of the females there at his place before it was shipped to Don............"just in case" something happened to it between there and Don's place in flight transit..LOL!

Can you imagine the thing getting loose there, never to be seen again????

I knew Jim was probably putting a 5 foot tall stack of books on each corner of a treasure chest type enclosure with a padlock on the front the size of a softball for extra measure..HAHAHAA!!!

~Doug

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #36
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
That's great that you will be getting a Palmetto!......congrats!

Jim Godfrey was telling me how nervous he was keeping the male at his house and breeding it to some of the females there at his place before it was shipped to Don............"just in case" something happened to it between there and Don's place in flight transit..LOL!

Can you imagine the thing getting loose there, never to be seen again????

I knew Jim was probably putting a 5 foot tall stack of books on each corner of a treasure chest type enclosure with a padlock on the front the size of a softball for extra measure..HAHAHAA!!!

~Doug
I can imagine how Jim felt, just a little. How do you think Heart Attack got his name? Because Carol had a heart attack shipping him and I had a heart attack waiting for him to get here! He's nearly 200 grams and I _just_ took the cardboard tightener out from under his bin last week! And he's a "manmade" morph...

Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can imagine how Jim felt, just a little. How do you think Heart Attack got his name? Because Carol had a heart attack shipping him and I had a heart attack waiting for him to get here! He's nearly 200 grams and I _just_ took the cardboard tightener out from under his bin last week! And he's a "manmade" morph...

LOL!!,.........Yeah Nanci, I can just imagine the extra-protective/security scenario there...HAHA!!

~Doug

Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #38
Pal-O-Mine
Is there pet insurance for snakes???????? If not there should be!

Devon

Old 10-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #39
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal-O-Mine View Post
Is there pet insurance for snakes???????? If not there should be!

Devon
No, it's virtually impossible to insure the actual cost of an expensive snake during shipment. However, for a small additional fee, "Ship Your Reptiles" does offer guaranteed live arrival of a snake that is shipped through their service.

But I don't see them realistically reimbursing the real worth, or actual cost of a multi-thousand dollar on-of-a-kind snake such as the original Palmetto if something went wrong. I am sure they cover there asses real well in the "fine-print" of the agreement somewhere for those occasions.

Same with insuring a huge collection such as Pro Exotics had when 3,000 snakes died in the horrible fire at their facility just recently. I am sure they got some insurance coverage for the hard goods that were lost, like the 20,000 temp guns, and other goods/accessories, but no doubt they took a HUGE loss on the animals themselves.

Now if Don actually did somehow get the original male Palmetto custom-insured for that particular shipment, I am sure he paid DEARLY for it to be covered (if at all).

~Doug

Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #40
Nanci
And it's not like money could replace The Palmetto, anyway, just reimburse Don for the cost of the snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google