CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

reputation points

Old 02-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #31
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
OMG...It was cornman1978 who gave me the negative points with no explination too!!! I wasn't going to mention any names (for risk of being accused of flaming) but seeings he's doing it to everyone else, I may as well inform you of his actions against me too. In my particular case I stated that I house some of my snakes together with no problems...I guess he doesn't agree with that husbandry practice!

Nasty little SOB he's being...huh!!!!!

FYI...this http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...669#post125669 was the thread
Somebody must have p'd on his cornflakes...........lol

Old 02-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #32
Itsnowingcorns
Just checking my user CP after reading this thread, cornman has left me reputation points for my input on the "Do your snakes seem happy together" thread (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...081#post126081).

But he leaves them for this reason:
Quote:
UK is always welcome, UK RULES
I'd rather earn my rep points than get them for living in the UK.

Thanks but no thanks Cornman.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #33
DAND
I PM'ed him and asked why and his response was:

Re: Rep points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Why would you give me negative rep points for my answer to how much/when I handle my corns? I've got over 300 corns and it takes quite a bit of time to take care of all of them. You pop into a thread that hasn't been active for a few days and give me negative points, why?

RESPONSE:
Sorry, i didn't realize you had that many snakes, i didn't read the thread properley.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsnowingcorns
Just checking my user CP after reading this thread, cornman has left me reputation points for my input on the "Do your snakes seem happy together" thread (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...081#post126081).

But he leaves them for this reason:

Quote:
UK is always welcome, UK RULES

I'd rather earn my rep points than get them for living in the UK.

Thanks but no thanks Cornman.
That and a prior remark he made about Americans (that I can't find right now) sounds like little corny has some issues he needs to address.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:42 PM   #35
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
That and a prior remark he made about Americans (that I can't find right now) sounds like little corny has some issues he needs to address.
MAJOR issues Dave. Apparently cornman is on a rampage. I just got negative points from him as well (with no explanation) for asking someone who thought their snake was loose and my have been thrown in the trash and died, why they didn't check the trash before they threw it out? Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you want to know? Corny must have too much time on his hands today.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #36
Mangrove
Unhappy Ich Wisse Nicht (i dont know)

Cornman use to contribute answering everyday questions with good answers, I even think that I have applied some good rep points on his name. I don’t know why all the sudden he is giving out all of the negative, something is weird here... Maybe it isn’t really him and someone is on his name??

Old 02-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #37
Itsnowingcorns
It's not that Mangrove, he didn't come online for ages since the accusations of him having false names. This is probably going to be his...err.... last stand if you like . Don't worry, it's nothing personal, he's just being very immature. He has a problem with Americans...

Oh my god, who will his next victim be

Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #38
breedingcolors
Princess,

I don't think that 2 points is very much and even the newbie know that this person is relatively new. Check me for example; I am here since only 1 month and I have already 3 points so 2 to 5 don't mean a lot in my opinion. But I am with you when you said that someone without experience should not give advices on subjects he doesn't know.

The problem I personally have with these point is when someone as a lot of rep point, say... 18. Some day, on a thread, he lost all is rep point and even became negative (red dot). And when this particularly threat is finished, he regain all his rep point. I don't understand that. The only thing I could think of was that Rich gave him back is points. But if he lost all of it, is it not because he deserved to at least lost some points? That is the only thing I don't understand. In my opinion, this person can also give false informations but he has 18 rep point so for a newbie, it's a lot.

I hope newbie don't pay to much attention on these rep points. I personally take it «with a little grain of salt». If the person seems to know what he is talking about, have more than 5 reputation points and is second by another one, that is great for me. Some peoples who have 2-5 points just posts things like: wow! Beautiful! Greats colors! but we can't do anything with it. I think even a newbie like me that pass a minimum time here eventually know who is a good source and who is not. And sometimes, even a newbie with no rep point can help someone who as 20 rep point.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #39
Mangrove
Exclamation

I think he is behind me AHHHHHHHHHHHH I hear Voices!!!!

For all I know he could be in this forum right now on another name!!!

Anyone got my back??

Old 02-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #40
DAND
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsnake
sometimes, even a newbie with no rep point can help someone who as 20 rep point.
The rep power [the number by the green circle] is really just a representation of how many posts, how long someone has been here and how many rep points they have amassed. Say Kathy Love wasn't already a member and registered today and started posting. Just because she had no rep power doesn't mean she doesn't have knowledge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google