CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Just feeling cranky this morning

Old 06-06-2005, 06:03 PM   #21
Shep151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
Well Shep glad to see you're a contributor. No bad will intended of course, was just surprised that you weren't 'listed' as a contributor!
D80
I'm not sweating it, D80. It's a busy time of year, and no need to bug Rich with the small stuff. If none of the expanded abilities were activated, I would have said something by now, but
I agree, it adds some legitimacy to the ads, but I don't feel I need that to be "advertised" for it to be real. I paid because I didn't feel it would be right to use Rich's bandwidth (and efforts) to sell my snakes without some sort of reimbursement.
The medallion and "recognition"? Whenever he gets around to it. It ain't bugging me any!

Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #22
Drizzt80
Personally, seeing the medallion and/or highlighted names give a more credibility to the people posting. Putting your money where your mouth is so to speak. If I recall correctly, Rich posted somewhere that you can turn that function on or off yourself in the User CP somewhere. I'm not sure where or how myself.

But yeah, we seem to be thinking along the same lines about advertising and some credit getting to Rich.
D80

Old 06-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #23
Shep151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
If I recall correctly, Rich posted somewhere that you can turn that function on or off yourself in the User CP somewhere.
D80
Found it, thanks!

Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #24
Rich Z
Oops! Sorry that I overlooked that. I had my programmer set it up on FaunaClassifieds so that contributors have that option turned on automatically, but haven't done it for this system. I guess I just didn't expect as many people to contribute here as on FC, so it just wasn't worth paying him for the time to do it.

All in all, I don't feel any LESS cranky today then I did when I started this thread. Or maybe it's not crankiness at all, and is just my opening my eyes a little wider to take a look at the broader picture.

Plus I guess I'm not looking forward to the barrage of emails from some people if I do implement one of the changes mentioned earlier. You just know I am going to get some gripe-o-grams about it.......

Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Plus I guess I'm not looking forward to the barrage of emails from some people if I do implement one of the changes mentioned earlier. You just know I am going to get some gripe-o-grams about it.......
You could always save them up and once a week send them this reply:

Old 06-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #26
CAV
Wink Wut??

Why is that large mouse walking a pony?? Is this some sort of modern art thingy??

Old 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #27
JM :o)
LOL! Can I use that pic!?!
LOL!

Old 06-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #28
carol
LOL. I saw that on a shirt at Target the other day and wanted it so bad. I had to convince myself I was a little too old to be wearing stuff like that. Or maybe it's a "mom" thing, I can just see my ten year old son running around making sure everyone "got" it.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #29
Rich Z
OK, I just made the For Sale section limited to new ads for Contributors only.

Let the whining begin!

Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #30
JM :o)
Did you mark down the time? You could hold a contest~ how long it takes for the first complaint to show up~ and who the complainer will be.

I don't have a guess for who the complainer will be~ but lets see~ I'm guessing 3 hours and 48 minutes to the first complaint (via email to you or post in the general topics forum).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google