• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Peach hypo what do you think it should be called

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinman

Vinman
these are the four oppions ;peach hypo, peach corn ,peach phase, peach .there is a poll on the top of this thread please use it . posting on the thread dont count. You can click on the vote number to see who voted in that choice.
good luck ,VINNY

Out of those choices, I'd go with "peach". "Peach hypo" gives the impression that you're talking about a new hypo gene.

I am not convinced that it's a new hypo or a new morph at all yet. It could be caramel/lavender for all we know...And eventhough I am just an egg I am hesitant to dump new names out until breeding trials have been done and something new has been proved.

As mentioned in your other post, I would simply avoid Peach Hypo. My guess would be that which ever you would decide to use between peach corn ,peach phase,and peach, people would probably use peach corn or peach.

Pretty soon our price lists will look more like grocery lists than morph price lists ;-)

Jean

bryanc said:
I am not convinced that it's a new hypo or a new morph at all yet. It could be caramel/lavender for all we know...And eventhough I am just an egg I am hesitant to dump new names out until breeding trials have been done and something new has been proved.
if you read the thred you would have seen that my breeders are hypos so there is no way it would be a caramel / lavender . It is a amber / lavender

now people it is a poll not a open discussion thank you

I'd like to see breeding trials to determine if they're caramel + lav + hypo, or possibly just caramel lav. (Or something else.) It should be pretty easy to put a male with a caramel and a hypo lav, or an amber and a lav, etc, and that would give a very clear answer. :)

Whatever they are, given that several have hatched from the same line, they're almost surely reproducible and deserve a name.

"Peach Phase" suggests it's just a selectively bred variation.

Given the hatchling I saw, I think "peach" is about as close as any word can be... the only other things that come close would be "Caucasian" or "Nude" corns. :grin01:

Peach Hypo suggests it's a hypo gene, so if you were going to use them together I'd think "Hypo Peach" would work better. This would also be nice if it turns out that they are Hypo Caramel Lavs, because then:
Caramel lavender = "peach"
Hypo caramel lavender = "hypo peach"

Well caramel and lavender are in there and being expressed (presumably).

Not to be a jerk, but I do have a hard time reading your posts sometimes. :( I am not attacking you, but just stating where I am coming from. I have a hard time following what you are saying and that does in fact cloud my judgement. How can I give an opinion on something when the facts are coming from only one source and that isn't always 100% clear?

Vinman said:
now people it is a poll not a open discussion thank you

Oh but you are wrong, welcome to the concept of forums, which is a good thing. :cheers:

I like hypo peach...can't wait to see some more pictures of these guys in the future.

What about Amber lavender if it turns out to be hypo, caramel, lavender? That tells exactly what it is genetically...but then again....the problem lies in the area if you want something that is descriptive too.

With these every more present triple and quad gene animals it is going to get more complicated if every one of them has a new name. Most the double gene animals have names so if it is a triple gene animal use the most common double and then a single and if it is a quad animal how about the two common doubles? :shrugs:

Vinman said:
i could of cloesd the thread but I did not want to mess up the poll

Who are you to say something is not for discussion... To come to a conclusion there is always a debate... be it with your own opinions or others.

I completely agree with Serps interpretation... And that peach is a good label... Especially if there were ever Hypos of this combination produced, therefore hypo peach....

Peach to me already suggests hypo, therefore IMO hypo would not be necessary until hypo caramel lavs ARE proved.

I think you could put up a poll: "2+2=4 True or False" and generate 20 pages of discussion. :grin01:

At least this subject is still somewhat open to debate (pending breeding trials) and it's interesting to discuss. ;)

Tula_Montage said:
Who are you to say something is not for discussion... To come to a conclusion there is always a debate... be it with your own opinions or others.

I completely agree with Serps interpretation... And that peach is a good label... Especially if there were ever Hypos of this combination produced, therefore hypo peach....

Peach to me already suggests hypo, therefore IMO hypo would not be necessary until hypo caramel lavs ARE proved.
I started the post it is supossed to be a poll. thank you

Serpwidgets said:
At least this subject is still somewhat open to debate (pending breeding trials) and it's interesting to discuss. ;)
Agreed, as long as he doesn't take his ball and go home. ;)

regards,
jazz

MohrSnakes said:
What about Amber lavender if it turns out to be hypo, caramel, lavender? That tells exactly what it is genetically...but then again....the problem lies in the area if you want something that is descriptive too.
it is a amber lavender the parents are hypo it is all in the thread and my adds and like a snow or a ghost or all the other names do ?

jazzgeek said:
Agreed, as long as he doesn't take his ball and go home. ;)

regards,
jazz
Rich humes or me can name it what ever we want . nobody in the past ask any body permission before . rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby . So by all means we will chose the name The poll is just to get everybodys oppion .Let me make this clear to everbody. I will discuss the out come with rich humes and we will come to a discussion. It is our ball . :)

Vinman said:
Rich humes or me can name it what ever we want . nobody in the past ask any body permission before . rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby . So by all means we will chose the name The poll is just to get everybodys oppion .Let me make this clear to everbody. I will discuss the out come with rich humes and we will come to a discussion. It is our ball . :)

Only if we play on your court...Good Day Sir :)

Back