CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

View Poll Results: Peach hypo what do you think it should be called
peach hypo 11 22.00%
peach corn 4 8.00%
peach phase 4 8.00%
peach 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #21
bribrian
Can i call it 'mine', well you do have 3 & that's an odd number..
I've gone for peach....

Old 09-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #22
Vinman
ha ha , so have I you can check and see who voted for what by clicking the number of votes. I though it would be nice to get everyones input.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #23
jzal8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
like I said we will name it what we want
Then why even ask ...hypo peach is my vote by the way, since you did.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #24
hana
Peach sounds good to me.. Although I like the term 'Nekkid' too..

And I do agree with BryanC, your posts are very hard to read. You might not have to restate information so much if they were a little more clear.

hana

Old 09-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #25
Chris Olson
Quote:
rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby .
I wouldn't be so sure of that......

Chris

Old 09-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #26
CornCrazy
I also think peach, or hypo peach sounds best.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #27
Hurley
If you want to call them peach, call them peach. Sounds like a perfectly good name. Shrug. I'd personally stay away from the hypo portion of it and let peach stand on its own as hypo caramel lavender, myself. Since we haven't seen an adult caramel lavender, abjectly naming caramel lavenders "peach" and the hypo caramel lavenders "hypo peach" seems a bit premature to me since you're supposing what the non-hypo version will turn out like ...and we've been burned there before. What if the caramel lavenders end up being the color of cow plop instead? I'd also avoid "phase" as it implies selective breeding, which these are not.

On a side note re: your demanor and presentation of the morph--
Personally I don't give a flip what you call them. As you say, it's your right to name them, but your continued attitude is childish enough that I wish you would take your ball and go home. Why I'm even bothering to post this as it will make zero impact, I'm have no idea, but it's all the input I have and will have on the matter. I wish Rich Hume would come on here and discuss hypo +/- caramel lavenders and their naming, he's a pleasant man to talk to and would greatly benefit your cause as a spokesman.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #28
Tula_Montage
Quote:
like I said we will name it what we want post 18 says it all
LOL your selfishness and arrogance amuses me... Carry on, Im enjoying the show!

Old 09-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #29
SODERBERGD
Validation . . .

Vin,

I apologize for not knowing more about them, but if you could give us a rundown once again on the parents and grandparents, it'd help us help you decide on a name. I say we need to know more about the lineage because what if only a couple of your animals mature to be peach colored?

Everyone knows where I stand on this fad of impulsive naming. I wish there were a policy that we must breed a type animal two successive generations and have at least 20 target snakes before coming up with a name. If the name is Venus, I don't care how it looks, but in typical corn snake fashion, the name usually involves a fruit or a color. I think everyone should demand that most of the representatives of the morph/trait/line at least visually satisfy the namesake expectation.

If most of the adults of your new line are peach colored, I think it's a great name, but just like voting in a national election, I need to know more about the candidates before I commit my opinion. If you expect my vote, I need to know more about these snakes. Have Rich post a thread about the genetic history and the looks of the target adults for us. This will lend credibility to your eventual market.

Good luck,

Don
www.cornsnake.NET

Old 09-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #30
Kat
Quote:
rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby .
Wait till next year...

Seriously though, while I have no problem with naming the morph 'Peach', as it seems descriptive enough, what's with the attitude? I mean, holy crud, you'd think somebody died and made you king of the cornsnake world with the whole "How-dare-you-question-me-and-not-do-what-I-want-in-threads-I-started" type responses. Nobody cares if you create new morphs if you behave like a spoiled two-year-old. These forums are part of the cornsnake /community/. If you're not willing to be a part of the community but would rather sit atop your lofty mountain of snakes and throw down meaningless edicts, then you're in the wrong place.

Lighten up already, wouldja?

-Kat

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google