CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

View Poll Results: Vote on one or more moderators for this site
blckkat 33 15.94%
cka 14 6.76%
CMLReptiles 12 5.80%
cornsnakekid92 9 4.35%
DaemoNox 26 12.56%
DAND 33 15.94%
Dave123 12 5.80%
diamondlil 52 25.12%
Drizzt80 35 16.91%
Fenderplayer108 15 7.25%
Joejr14 46 22.22%
lefty_mussolini 36 17.39%
mbdorfer 67 32.37%
MohrSnakes 40 19.32%
PtDnsr 11 5.31%
Roy Munson 117 56.52%
snake5007 1 0.48%
stangs13 4 1.93%
Susan 86 41.55%
tricksterpup 5 2.42%
Tula_Montage 24 11.59%
tyflier 22 10.63%
None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 3 1.45%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 16 7.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE for your choice of moderators on this site!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #91
Jrgh17
What about posting in all the other forums (like you did before): "Voting for moderators will end on Wednesday at 2pm EST. Vote now!" or something? Giving people a firm two days notice will get the last few interested people to vote.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #92
tyflier
I don't think it will really make a difference. Realistically, there would have to be an incredible influx of people all of a sudden to cast their vote in order to change or manipulate the outcome any.

The people who are ahead are far enough ahead that I don't think a 2-day warning, or even a 3 or 4 or whatever, will cause a mass enslaught of the voting poll to change the direction the voting has gone.

I think our top picks are reasonable and a good base to start with...and hopefully end with.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #93
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
I don't think it will really make a difference. Realistically, there would have to be an incredible influx of people all of a sudden to cast their vote in order to change or manipulate the outcome any.

The people who are ahead are far enough ahead that I don't think a 2-day warning, or even a 3 or 4 or whatever, will cause a mass enslaught of the voting poll to change the direction the voting has gone.

I think our top picks are reasonable and a good base to start with...and hopefully end with.
I agree

Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #94
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier

I'd agree in the sense that I don't think it will change anything. That being said, giving a 2 day warning will make sure everyone gets a chance to vote. It's not about changing the results, it's about making sure it's fair. If someone decides that part of the process wasn't fair, then Rich will just have another problem on his hands.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #95
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17
I'd agree in the sense that I don't think it will change anything. That being said, giving a 2 day warning will make sure everyone gets a chance to vote. It's not about changing the results, it's about making sure it's fair. If someone decides that part of the process wasn't fair, then Rich will just have another problem on his hands.
Yeah, I second that.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #96
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17
If someone decides that part of the process wasn't fair, then Rich will just have another problem on his hands.
What might happen? Will he have protesters in his driveway? Will foreigners be burning him in effigy? Will officials declare the results invalid due to irregularities?

It's just corn snakes-- this election will have little impact on the destiny of the free world. Heck, I'd be surpised if there's much change at all around here as a result of the mod appointments. We do a decent job of self-policing 98% of the time.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #97
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
What might happen? Will he have protesters in his driveway? Will foreigners be burning him in effigy? Will officials declare the results invalid due to irregularities?
Anthrax and mass spelling errors.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #98
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson

I agree with you for the most part but....one troll can start a lot of crap!
And I just think Rich gets tried of cleaning the fan.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #99
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
not being rude But if you look at the bottom of the list of people running for office there is a selection that you can vote for, that says just that

None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 2 0.30%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 14 2.12%
Vinman, if you read my post exactly, I had said it was just a thought. It was no way directed at myself as I am an active member, I did agree to the fact that there should be moderators and I have already cast my votes. I was referring to the question that someone had asked about why there is such a big member base but so little voting.
Jay

Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #100
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
OK, I guess what I will do is to set a cutoff point for the poll. Not datewise, but voters. When we reach 200 voters (we are at 184 now), I will figure we have pretty much maxed out on interest and participation.
Does that sound realistic?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

If you max it out at 200 votes and I get the remaining 14 I'll still be behind!!!

Say it ain't so...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google