CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Shed problems!

Old 05-23-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
B-J@y
Exclamation Shed problems!

My corn did not shed his whole skine last night! It broke off in the middel af the snakes body!

I discoverd it this morning at 6.30AM, and when i got home from work 16.45pm it was still there! I used some wet paper towles to let him crawl through! i realy had to peal it off! could i let it stay on longer?? i'm certain that it is all off! bud maybee i stressed the corn out to much?!

how do you people handle this kind of inpropper shedding!???

ps, the humidity was about 60-65% during the last few day's!!

Old 05-23-2002, 02:27 PM   #2
reaper
you could have tryed letting him soak in a bath of warm water before you peeled off. but do right by removing staight away.

Old 05-23-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
pdrau
Put a lukewarm wet coarse towel in an old pillow case and put the snake in there with it for about 15 minutes. He'll shed the rest of it off easily in a few hours.

Peter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google