CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

A little rant on courtesy and professionalism

Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #51
bekers71
How did the topic of "courtesy and professionalism" turn into a debate of what Vinman fed his snakes and if it's good or bad? Just wondering. I confuse easily some times.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #52
Austin M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
How did the topic of "courtesy and professionalism" turn into a debate of what Vinman fed his snakes and if it's good or bad? Just wondering. I confuse easily some times.
I take responability for this! Sorry, I was just using a specific thread started by Vinman to make the original point of ghosthousecorns which was
Quote:
Is it too much to ask that when someone who clearly has been doing this for a long time, makes a post they get the bit of respect and courtesy they have earned?
Quote:
Drizzt80:You need to read the thread apparently.
Apparently I'm not the only one.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #53
bekers71
You guys all crack me up!! No wonder I love CS so much. LOL

Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #54
Austin M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post

The issue with the vinsters "feeding practice" was that it's not an effective replacement for the nutritional value found in feeding whole prey items.

D80
If I wanted to read up on vinsters "feeding practices" not being an effective replacement for the nutritianal value found in feeding whole prey items where would I find that? If I had the knowledge your working from to form my opinions maybe I could have the same opinion as you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin M
If I wanted to read up on the suffer health of corn snakes that had their mouse diet switched to a meat, organ and bone diet where could I find that?
Your answer to my question was?
Quote:
You need to read the thread apparently. The vinster wasn't feding organs and bones, just meat, plain white chicken meat. I don't think my statement was too bold

I think it's bold if it's a fact.

Quote:
The vinster wasn't feding organs and bones, just meat, plain white chicken meat.
If I wanted to find vinster's "plain white chicken meat" feeding schedule, where could I find that in this thread?http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=pork

Old 01-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #55
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
The problem with people who think they know everything is that they are really annoying to those of us who do.
"When I was 16, I thought I knew everything. Sadly, I forgot one thing....that I was right!"

LOL. I love that quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I've got no plans to feed my corns on anything but mice, personally.
While I understand that, adding an occasional rat pup to the diet of an senescent cornsnake - or even a female that puts an excessive amount of reserves into egg laying - can be very beneficial. Plus, I'm still playing around with the "thawed chick" diet for a couple of my breeder females because, well, because I COULD. Whole thawed chickens with small mice fed ONLY when necessary (first meals out of brumation and following egg deposition). Surprisingly, I've been very pleased with some of the things I've seen. Very surprised....and very pleased.

KJ

Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #56
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin M View Post
If I wanted to find vinster's "plain white chicken meat" feeding schedule, where could I find that in this thread?http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=pork
Yep, that would be the thread. I was wrong, it wasn't plain white chicken meat. I stand corrected and apologize. It was plain white chicken meat, plain white turkey meat, and the other white meat, plain pork. Yes, he did mention feeding a gizzard or two, and a neck or heart to his larger snakes, but I still find it very difficult to swallow that his revolutionary feeding plan replaces the whole body mouse or rat meals we currently feed.

Of course (as usual) I'm supposed to be the one that needs to find the scientific documentation to refute the vinsters claims . . . haven't seen or heard that one before!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
Oh please Becky!! You act as though you've never been around here before!! It's status quo for threads to go off topic. I'm amazed this one has only taken one detour so far!!

D80

Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #57
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Yep, that would be the thread. I was wrong, it wasn't plain white chicken meat. I stand corrected and apologize. It was plain white chicken meat, plain white turkey meat, and the other white meat, plain pork. Yes, he did mention feeding a gizzard or two, and a neck or heart to his larger snakes, but I still find it very difficult to swallow that his revolutionary feeding plan replaces the whole body mouse or rat meals we currently feed.

Of course (as usual) I'm supposed to be the one that needs to find the scientific documentation to refute the vinsters claims . . . haven't seen or heard that one before!!

Oh please Becky!! You act as though you've never been around here before!! It's status quo for threads to go off topic. I'm amazed this one has only taken one detour so far!!

D80
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Drizzt80 again.
Brent, you are wickedly cracking me up (as usual). I will get back to repping this post later.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #58
Jeff Linkchorst
This thread needs a Bump. I have nothing against chicken. Fried or Bar-b-qued. But I think what Jen stated in the 1st post needs to be reread by some.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #59
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol View Post
Yep. Did you know that I lost my second corn to egg binding when she was just 18 months old?
The pet store told me I could keep them together, after all, they kept all their breeders together, not just by pairs either, they had about seven adult snakes of mixed sex all together. They also told me that the male would not be fertile unless he was brumated, so even when I witnessed mating behavior I didn't separate them because I was told he was shooting blanks.
At the time there was not a lot of info to find on keeping cornsnakes so I followed the advice of the pet store. ......
Not going to quote the entire post but Carol, this is a great story and something you should cut and paste or post more often.

For most of us experienced keepers, we all have done Stupid things and lost animals. this is how we learned when there was no real information out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
The problem with people who think they know everything is that they are really annoying to those of us who do.
Here I agree with Wade. There is a certain 15 year old who thinks he has more experience with snakes here than all us old timers. Only been into snakes for less than a year and already planning on getting a Yellow Anaconda. Says they are like keeping a boa. *sigh*

Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #60
carol
There is just so much information out there, good and bad. We shouldn't jump on a person for being misinformed. I see a lot of new keepers that lucked out by finding this site first, but are brutal to those that weren't so lucky. How many people would really think there are forums dedicated to this? Ask 20 strangers...
The best we can do is state our opinions on the best way to keep snakes and give supporting evidence. If they listen, they listen, if they don't, they don't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google